cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid load format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just patched up to SPS08 my SAP NetWeaver 7.10 on Windows 2003 x64 with MaxDB.

I notice that it's re-compiling programs as I visit them after the patch, which I expected, but it's also generating lots of system log Warnings about "SAP Basis System: Invalid load format for ..."

I'm guessing that it might be something to do with Unicode checking. My abap/unicode_check parameter is set to "off". But maybe it's something else ... ?

Does anyone know why I get these Warnings, whether they're a problem, and if not can I stop them?

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After a patch update, it is normal that all ABAP loads must be generated again, because the load format has changed. Running SGEN should fix the warnings.

Best regards,

Warren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the post. As I mentioned, I expected to see the ABAP programs being re-compiled after the patch.

I'm really trying to find out why it produces "Invalid load format" warnings in the log. From SAP Note 1269873, I suspect that it might be related to Unicode checking (if my abap/unicode_check parameter value differs from the system used to produce the ABAP programs), but I'm looking to get this confirmed. If so, I would like to know if there's anything I can do to suppress these warnings (other than change my abap/unicode_check parameter value - I don't really want to change that).

Also, I don't want to run SGEN at this stage, because I probably won't be using many of these programs, and I don't want to overfill the database unnecessarily.

Does anyone know how to suppress the "Invalid load format" warnings?

Thanks,

Mark

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Warren those messages are the result of the patching and SGEN will fix them...

Also, I don't want to run SGEN at this stage, because I probably won't be using many of these programs, and I don't want to overfill the database unnecessarily.

Generation of ABAP loads need to be carried out... now if you know the area that the program belongs to you can use SGEN to genarate the ABAP loads for that particular area.

In general I can't see any disadvantage on simply running the lot.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not run SGEN, so it still recompiles the first time a program is run and it reports the 'Invalid Load Format' warning. But it only does this once for each program, so no big deal.