cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Rechecking of Sales Order Incompletion Log

former_member787999
Participant
0 Kudos

First off I am a FI guy and my OSS has been having issues for the past couple of days so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

We recently implemented CO-PA and one of the steps is for us to populate the Profitability Segment for all open Sales Orders created prior to the go-live. That is working well for the most part but I am finding a lot of Sales Orders are showing up as incomplete due to a missing Profitability Segment (VBAP-PAOBJNR).

If I check table VBUV I see the order/item and if I go in to the Sales Order itself and check the Incompletion Log I see the same.

If I go in to the item's account assignment tab I can see the Profitability Segment button is highlighted green and all the characteristics are populated. The SO has already been updated by our standard SAP program that everybody I imagine uses.

It is not incomplete! What I'm looking for is a program that in mass can recheck a specific list of SOs against the incompletion checks and hopefully realize that they are in fact not incomplete and update the status properly.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, david.

just to clarify... have you used V.02?

former_member787999
Participant
0 Kudos

V.02 just displays a list of all the incomplete Sales Orders right? It doesn't actually recheck them against the incompletion procedure right?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OSS Note 67742 - SD: Document status and incompletion and Note 114520 - Profitability segment number in incompletion log.

Since you dont have access to OSS notes, I paste below;

Note: 114520

Summary

Symptom

After the upgrade to Release 3.1I or a later Release the profitability segment is displayed in the incompletion log.

Additional key words

PAOBJNR, profitability segmet, incompleteness

Cause and prerequisites

The problem is caused by changes in the logic of the incompletion log.

As of Release 3.1 I, the following logic is used for the determination of the incompleteness concerning the profitability segment:

1. If the profitability segment is not listed in Customizing of the incompletion log, the profitability segment is still issued in the incompletion log of the sales order if it is required by the system, however, could not be determined.

2. If the profitability segment is contained in Customizing of the incompletion log, it is always issued in the incompletion log if it was not determined even if it is not actually required by the system.

This is required if you want to edit the profitability segment which is normally only determined in the billing document in the sales order manually and if you must not forget this.

The system requires the profitability segment, for example, for make-to-order production, with active account-based profitability analysis or with active incoming sales orders.

Solution

In Customizing of the incompletion log, remove field VBAP-PAOBJNR on item level.

To do this, use Transaction OVA2.

Then proceed as described in Note 67742 to update the documents.

Note 67742 is only relevant for documents generated or changed after the upgrade and before the change of Customizing.

Note 67742

Summary

Symptom

For some reason, such as subsequent changes in Customizing, the status, document flow or incompletion log of existing SD documents do not match.

Additional key words

VBUP, VBUK, VBUV, VBFA, FV45PFUP, MV45AF0F, SDVBUK00, FPLAN_STATUS_AKTUALISIEREN, XVBUP_NEUERMITTELN, XVBUP_PROTOKOLL

Cause and prerequisites

Solution

Report SDVBUK00, which is attached to this note, updates the document status, document flow and the statuses for the incompletion log according to the currently valid status. Use Transaction SE38 to start the program, enter the required document numbers and remove the 'Test run without update' flag so that changes are saved in the database.

Caution: SDVBUK00 is supposed to be used for the correction of individual documents only (and must not be regularly planned for the batch)!!!!

For Release 4.0A and higher refer to Note 88511.

Report SDVBUK00 does not exist in Releases up to and including Release 3.0E. When you create it, specify the following parameters:

Development class: VA

Attributes:

Title: New Determination of Sales Document Status

Type: 1

Application: V

Fixed point arithmetic: " "

Text elements:

Titles and headers:

Column header:

Document Error message

Selection text:

Name Text Type

S_VBELN Sales document

Caution: The report basically carries out VA02 for all documents in the specified interval. Therefore ensure before you carry out a mass run that no unwanted follow-up actions (for example new output) are started.

Regards

former_member787999
Participant
0 Kudos

That's the one! I haven't used it in a number of years and couldn't track it down. I ran SDVBUK00 for the impacted orders and the incompletion log is corrected.

Thanks!

Answers (0)