cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Autosys Setup for SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Apparently, we are upgrading our SAP version to SAP ECC 6.0, where we will need to establish a connection between Unix system and SAP application system (ECC 6.0).

In order to bridge between Unix and SAP ECC 6.0, we have installed CA Autosys adapter for SAP (Unix version) in the Unix server, as of job schedular purpose. Meanwhile, the following are the softwares that we are using to test the connection as well:

a) SSH Tectia Client

b) Reflection X version 14.0 + Service Pack 6 (Evaluation version)

We have installed both three apps (Autosys, SSH Tectia Client, and Reflection X), however, we experienced the following difficulties when test the Autosys and SAP ECC6 integration:

i) performance issue when we establish a connection between Unix and SAP ECC 6.0 (do we need to re-config in SAP system? if yes, pls can you guide me where I can tune the system?).

ii) Error message when running command 'sapjob':

$ sapjob

%CASAP_E_998 Required SAP shared library <librfccm> not found in library path.

ld.so.1: sapjob: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/CA/CAlib/libpig.so: symbol caenf_cmd: referenced symbol not found

Killed

Do you guys have any suggestion on what is happening on the above?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i) performance issue when we establish a connection between Unix and SAP ECC 6.0 (do we need to re-config in SAP system? if yes, pls can you guide me where I can tune the system?).

Can the systems resolve their names back and forward?

> ii) Error message when running command 'sapjob':

>

> $ sapjob

> %CASAP_E_998 Required SAP shared library <librfccm> not found in library path.

> ld.so.1: sapjob: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/CA/CAlib/libpig.so: symbol caenf_cmd: referenced symbol not found

> Killed

Did you install the (SAP-) librfc into that directory?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

Can the systems resolve their names back and forward?

Please can you show me how I can perform this, in order to resolve their names back and forward? Is there any possible rootcause on performance issue?

Did you install the (SAP-) librfc into that directory?

I will try this out and shall let you know

Best regards,

Patrick

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can the systems resolve their names back and forward?

>

> Please can you show me how I can perform this, in order to resolve their names back and forward? Is there any possible rootcause on performance issue?

This depends on the setup of the system. Both systems must be able to find their names by executing

nslookup <ip-addresse>

or

host <ip-addresse>

If that is not the case, the connection initialization will wait until the DNS is timing out.

> Did you install the (SAP-) librfc into that directory?

>

> I will try this out and shall let you know

Ok!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got all of your new software in the environment paths ?

$ sapjob

%CASAP_E_998 Required SAP shared library <librfccm> not found in library path.

ld.so.1: sapjob: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/CA/CAlib/libpig.so: symbol caenf_cmd: referenced symbol not found

Killed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you tell me what kind of new software I need to install in environment paths? Is it the Autosys adaptor or the software I mentioned above?

Currently, we are not able to install Autosys adaptor successfully in the server (SAP Unix), do you have any steps to install those software I mentioned from my first message above, in order to establish the connection from Unix server to SAP ECC6? I'd appreciate your advice on the installation guide, just in case I would have missed out some 'critical' steps.

Many thanks again.

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have no knowledge on the Autosys stuff, we use BMC ControlM but the error regarding the librfc* and the Autosys path

reminds me of a similar error we had that was due to the software not in the environment path.

As we run AIX it was needed to be in the LIBPATH

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Is BMC ControlM a Job Schedular like Autosys?

Based on your experience, would you mind to share with me what are the necessary steps to establish connection between Unix server and SAP application system, perhaps an installation guidelines? Sorry to ask you this as I just wish to make sure whether I would have missed out any vital steps.

Thanks again

Cheers,

Patrick

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Based on your experience, would you mind to share with me what are the necessary steps to establish connection between Unix server and SAP application system, perhaps an installation guidelines?

If you install a 3rd-party-product I suggest contacting the vendor of that product for an installation guide.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Yes ControlM is a Job scheduling software......

Basically this is just high level....

Unix Server :

The job scheduler has it's software and an agent running on it. Make sure all libraries are in the paths.

SAP Apllication :

BMC had some SAP transports that interfaced with SAP's XBP 2.0 function modules.

But in the end you need to take up with the vendor of the software.....

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This has been resolved by BASIS team.

Regards,

Patrick