cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field key for User fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason it seems that the Field key for User fields is shared between WBS and Network Activity. We use it for WBS-elements, but I want to close the User Fields tab for network activity.

When I try to remove it for ntw activity I get the tab back with a red triangle, saying that fields are necessary...

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove the field key from the network profile. This will disable the userfields tab.

Else create another field key and assign it to Network. and using the layout settings disable all the fields.

BR

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

You are correct

get rid of the tab based on your config path - that way there will be no tab for user defined fields for network activity

Regards

Virendra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anjali, If We Remove the field key from the network profile. This will still display the user filed tab, but the same will be in display mode and having drop down for the user field selection. The movement we select this drop down the filed will become input as per settings.

And I peruse that PS user wanted to delete the tab. Please verify my observation.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a note 798659 that is about the same thing, but I have different prerequisites. Anyway, reading about 10 such notes decided not to do any customizing here to avoid issues.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly not able to follow your question. But We make user field mandatory in OPUC based on some influencing filed normally network profile. Find out the same and make it input field only not mandatory

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to close user fields tab for Network Activity, but the system does not allow this. Can not get why, maybe because we have a field keys maintained? But field keys seems a shared table between WBS and Activity, while we want user fields for WBS.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jsut explore below node, which may help you

Img>PS>Structures>Operative Structures>Network>User Interface Settings>Layout of Activity Detail Screens-->

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

I think the thread is referring to transaction OPS1 - field key configuration not layout

Regards

Virendra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes true but User fields is shared between WBS and Network activity and He wanted to delete the user field tab itself from Network activity, If I followed PS user correctly. PS User can please confirm. so, forum can help you in better way.

With Regards

Nitin P.