cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did SRM 4.0 can work together with ECC 6?

0 Kudos

Hi:

We are in a process of upgrade, we are plannig to move from R3 4.7c to ECC 6, and also we have a SRM 4.0.

Do you know if it is possible to SRM 4.0 to work with ECC 6?? We want to know if we can stay our current version of SRM, and just upgrade R3 to ECC.

Does anyone have this scenario implemented in your business?

I'll appreciate your answers.

Best regards, Abraham

Edited by: Abraham Delgado on Nov 24, 2009 10:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi to all, thanks for your answer.

One final question, maybe Matt Fraser can help, because he has a similar scenario.

When you migrate to ECC 6, do you have to adjust sometihng in SRM 4.0, to work with the new version of the ERP? What kind of changes do you have to do, in order to get SRM 4.0 and ECC 6 to work together? Do we have to take care of something, plan some changes?

Thanks again and regards, Abraham.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abraham,

The only thing I recall that we did on the SRM side to support the ECC upgrade was to update the release information for the backend systems in IMG Activity Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Define Backend Systems. There, change the Sys.type to match your backend release. Even this, I don't think, is a critical step.

--Matt

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answer, it is very helpful!!!

Best Regards, Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to get SRM 4.0 to work with ECC 6.0? We have been trying to fix this since Monday when we went live with ECC 6.0. We are able to create POs in R3, but are not able to get the master data from ECC to SRM. I checked the tables for company code in ECC and SRM and noticed that ECC reads 6 characters and SRM reads 4 characters. Is this an issue? We switched to Unicode when we went live on Monday.

Thanks,

Matt Chute

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matthew wee are facing a similar situation with our sap landscape with upgrading an EEC5 to an ECC6 system, and we are also looking to upgrade SRM 4-7

how successful were you with your project and what issues have you come across ?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

James

Edited by: James Ibbotson on Oct 13, 2010 3:21 PM

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We also had this combination for a long time, though this past summer we upgraded our SRM to 5.0. Nevertheless, we used SRM 4.0 to an ECC 6.0 backend for more than two years quite successfully.

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not, as Juan wrote.

And in case you are looking for what you might consider an even more convincing argument:

We have it running.

regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be perfectly honest I can't find a reason why not

Regards

Juan