cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSF result with VF03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've been trying to generate XSF spool with VF03 and I am not able to achieve it.

I created a copy of RLB_INVOICE and changed as follow in its 'FORM processing' just after 'PERFORM set_print_param'

ls_composer_param-xsfcmode = 'X'.

ls_composer_param-xsf = 'X'.

ls_composer_param-xsfoutmode = 'S'.

ls_composer_param-xsfformat = space.

Can anyone please reply what the cause could be? Upon commenting the above mentioned lines, the print preview appears, however with such code in effect it does not generate spool which can be reviewed with SP01.

I tried modifying copy of RLB_INVOICE to use SAPScript instead of Smartforms with VF03. And I noticed WRITE_FORM did not write anything with the specified element.

Cheers

Agrim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should add (not sure for 2nd line) :

ls_composer_param-xsfoutdev = ls_composer_param-tddest.
CLEAR ls_composer_param-tddest.

I dont' understand your last point about sapscripts as XSF is only for smart forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra

Your reply led me to other discovery, in fact, It was my mistake, I could not notice that every time I generated the spool, it'd been appending in the previous XSF spool. I was expecting it as a separate spool with each printing attempt.

The 2nd point was about RDI file with SAPScript with the same program.

I tried to change the configuration and assigned an SAPScript to the print program and changed the program by commenting the smartform printing parts. Even with OPEN_FORM, WRITE_FORM and CLOSE_FORM, it used to generate preview however was not writing anything in any Text element. Some how I could not figure out why it is not generating RDI file.

Thanks again.

Agrim

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Your reply led me to other discovery, in fact, It was my mistake, I could not notice that every time I generated the spool, it'd been appending in the previous XSF spool. I was expecting it as a separate spool with each printing attempt.

>

thank you for the detailed feedback.

So, you mean that:

- ls_composer_param-xsfoutdev may remain blank? In that case, SAP uses printer ls_composer_param-tddest?

- you solved by printing into a new spool using option ls_composer_param-tdnewid = 'X'?

For sapscripts, you should also use START_FORM and END_FORM function modules, and handle the exceptions when calling all of these function modules. If you still don't see where the error comes from, use the sapscript debugger (activate it from the SE71 menu)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- ls_composer_param-xsfoutdev may remain blank? In that case, SAP uses printer ls_composer_param-tddest?

I tried 'ls_composer_param-xsfoutdev' as blank and SAP uses printer ls_composer_param-tddest.

- you solved by printing into a new spool using option ls_composer_param-tdnewid = 'X'

Yes, with ls_composer_param-tdnewid = 'X', it generated new spool file every time.

Back to SAPScript in 'RLB_INVOICE'.

Can SAPScript be used with RLB_INVOICE?

If 'Yes', I would like to know how. As with all my attempts to generate RDI file with VF03, I am not able to do that.

-Agrim

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RLB_INVOICE only handles smart forms. But you can create your own print program and assigns it (see NACE transaction) to print invoices instead of RLB_INVOICE

Answers (0)