cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App servers yellow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I just brought up a DR system from a database backup, ECC 6.0 Windows 2003 MSSQL 2005. Before I stopped the systems to restore the database, my app servers were green. Now after having restored the database on the CI, which is now green in the MMC, my app servers which use the same database are yellow, Message Server connection ok, J2EE status info unavailable. Any ideas? I didn't do anything to the App servers accept stop them in the MMC.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sam says, it is most likely an issue with the configuration in the instance profiles for the app servers. However, a couple of Notes you might check out are 1010540 (DCOM Interface Configuration for Remote Access) and 142100 (Windows: Problems with new SAP service as of Rel. 4.5B). These are both good general troubleshooting Notes for issues with the SAPMMC and service start. Look especially at point 22 in 142100.

I did have a problem a couple months ago with an ABAP system after doing a system copy, moving the copied system to a new hostname and SID where the SAPMMC would stay in a yellow status but the system was in fact running. If I recall correctly, the solution was found or suggested by Note 396309 (Dispatcher remains yellow, although the system is running) and/or Note 72248 (NT: Dispatcher in status 'Yellow', SAP system running).

--Matt

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The app servers in the original and the DR environment would be different I am assuming.

So effectively you may want to do some post activities like import the profiles in the CI if you are doing this for first time after setting up the DR landscape.

Cheers Sam