cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution system for logical system not correctly maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im logged in into SAP R/3 system. When starting transaction POIT I chose "production orders for".

I fill in the fields for

Plant -> 001

Material -> T-HV200 (Ice Mix)

At the top I have to enter a "optimization system".

I chose the logical system I created (CE6CLNT850) from a list.

After I hit the execute button it says:

"Distribution system for logical system CE6CLNT850 not correctly maintained."

The distribution model for CE6CLNT850 (transaction: BD64) looks like this:

Componentsystem CE6 SAP R/3 4.6c----

CE6CLNT850

NX7CLNT800----

NX7CLNT800,No Short text exists

LOIPRO----

Production order

What is the problem here?

And by the way, WHY DO I HAVE 479 entries in my list of logical systems when I'm trying to chose the "optimization system"???

best regards,

Lunatikk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to put this in an ALE or PP related forum instead

The listing is just what logical systems do you have configured, so it seems you have 474 logical systems configured on your system - this is possible.

When you choose your system CE6CLNT850 ensure that this system is properly configured - has an RFC destination in SM59 that is working - you can do a connection and authorization test successfully.

Edited by: Naomi Monnier on Nov 24, 2009 10:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

the RFC destination is configured correctly. It says that the connection works when I run the test.

I'll post it in an other forum as you suggested but I have another question:

You said that it is possible to have 474 logical systems configured on the system.

1. Who defined those systems and why?

I am the first one in my company using this system.

We ordered to a SAP system through RAC Service.

I thought we would get a "fresh installation" of the SAP system -

2. please correct me if I'm wrong.

For example there are logical systems with names like "boon software" and "camstar", which are real companies.

There aren't just logical systems configured, there are also additional RFC destinations, distribution models and ports that were there from the beginning.

3. Is it possible that those logical systems interfere with the sending of the IDOC. Could it be possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

They wont interfere with your IDOC processing.

If they are not used (be sure of this) and you really want to clean up your system, then delete them.

Go to 'SALE', Basic Settings, Logical Systems, Define Logical Systems (remove the ones you dont want)

In my freshly installed IDES system - there are 330 entries... mostly crap. I'ts just a table entry. It wont affect your distribution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted the RAC System support and told him about the logical system entries.

This is what he answered:

"This is shared system environment and other vendors are also accessing the system. So you can see other vendors LS."

I really don't have a clue how this works. So other vendors have access to the same system as me?

Should I still delete the other systems?

Problem is that I don't know which logical systems are required for SAP to work and which are added by other vendors. Same thing for the distribution model, port definitions and so on.

This is really a big mess!

Regards,

Lunatikk

Edited by: Lunatikk on Nov 25, 2009 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you distributed data using this config before or you doing it for the first time

check if you are able to distribute the model using BD64.

select the model then on menu EDIT>MODEL VIEW> Distribute....if you have configured the port etc properly then you will see success here.

Regards

vijaya