cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass import of roles gives error

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to mass import our roles into GRC 5.3 SP9 for ERM. We have previously deleted all the roles so when we do a search on roles for our ECC system, no roles appear. However, when we try to run the mass role import job, we get the following errors on all our roles: Role ZM:HR_PA_MSTRDATADISP_RECRUIT : not imported; unable to delete existing role.

This happens whether or not we specify to overwrite existing roles. It seems as though when we deleted the roles previously, the table was not cleared out even though we deleted from "front end" only.

Has anyone else experience this or does anyone know the table name in ERM where the roles reside?

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I really suggest you raise a message with support for this.

Frank.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP realizes that this is a bug in SP9. They will fix it in SP 11. The workaround is to just import 15 roles at a time. Also, for derived roles, you need to import the master role first before importing the derived roles. They cannot go in together as the documentation specifies. Then, of course, only do 15 at a time.

Thanks,

Peggy

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SP10 should be ready December 9th, please have a look at the release notes then. It''s possible that the fix may be in SP10.

Frank.

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank. I have submitted this to SAP. As soon as I get a response, I'll post it. Even though most of the issues I find are bugs, I like to post them to SDN so others are aware of the issues. I use this forum constantly for GRC - it is most useful.

Thanks,

Peggy