Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of (Type of business & Industry) - vendor creation - FK01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating vendor creation using transaction 'FK01' I get a screen namely 'control screen' where there are couple of fields called 'Type of business' and 'Type of Insustry'. These two fields have F4 help available. The issue is that the system is allowing to feed in any kind of data into these two fields. The requirement is that it should allow only those values that are available in F4 help.

But right now system allows what ever junk values that we enter ( Not by selecting F4 ) through key board.

Is there any validation in config to restrict the system to accept only those from F4 help ?

The standard program 'SAPMF02K' is also calling a user exit but it is not taking any parameters like these two values. The names of these fields are

Type of business : J-1KFTBUS

Type of industry : J-1KFTIND

Thanks for help.

Vinod

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Looking at the name of the fields (starting with J-) it looks like you have some special development in your system?

On the control screen in our system there is only a field Industry (LFA1-BRSCH).

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyhow, you can activate this check probably yourself: Go to the screen painter for this screen and make sure that the attributes of this field are set to "Foreign key check".

Regards,

John.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. I have checked the field attributes in the screen painter. As of now there is no check on the foreign key attribute. I would check and then let me know.

Thanking you.

Vinod.

achim_stroh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

those fields are related to legal requirements in Korea. Users from there know what to fill in.

So you can ignore the F4-help.

Kind regards, Achim