cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xp_logininfo "Installation problem on windows 2003 with Sql 2005"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one

I am facing a problem during the installation of Solution Manager 4.0 on Windows 2003 server with Ms Sql 2005, I received the following error

Msg 15404, Level 16, State 19, Procedure xp_logininfo, Line 60.

Its some how look likes that the user "SID"ADM

Can any one give me a clue

thanks

Kind Regards

Sohail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give me some more details about the error. You have given, error number 15404. Definitely there should be some description.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encounter the same problem. Here is the details:

The below message comes from sapinst:

ERROR 2006-06-13 20:24:51

MDB-05700 <p> MS SQL server cannot get information about account EIT\soladm .<br>Use the MS SQL Server tools to execute the command master..xp_logininfo 'ABC\soladm ' and <br>analyze the errors returned. </p>

The below message comes from executing the command

master..xp_logininfo 'ABC\soladm '

Msg 15404, Level 16, State 11, Procedure xp_logininfo, Line 62

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'ABC\soladm ', error code 0x534.

The statement has been terminated.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This would solve your problem

First of all this error is <b>MSSQL error</b>.

When you perform an action on an instance of SQL Server that requires SQL Server to resolve the credentials of a Microsoft Windows NT domain user account, you may receive an error message that is similar

Server: Msg 8198, Level 16, State XX, Procedure <Stored Procedure Name>, Line <line Number>

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user '<Domain\Account Name>'.

To resolve the credentials of a Windows NT domain user account, SQL Server uses the xp_logininfo system stored procedure. Here is a list of the common scenarios where you may notice that the xp_logininfo system stored procedure fails and causes the 8198 error.

• When you use an xp_sendmail extended stored procedure.

• When you set up replication.

• When you run a SQL Server Agent job.

SQL Server may run the xp_logininfo system stored procedure to retrieve information about the Windows domains and the user accounts, even if the user does not do so explicitly. Therefore, if you receive an 8198 error message and the error message mentions the xp_logininfo system stored procedure as the procedure, you must use <b>SQL Profiler</b> to trace and to troubleshoot the exact point of failure.

You can go through this link for more info...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834124

Feel Free to Revert back...

--Thanks and Regards,

Ragu

ERP,

Suzlon Energy Limted, Pune

Extn: 2638

+919370675797

I have no limits for others sky is only a reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The reply from Ragu was very helpfull.

By granting the requested user login rights, the sapinst will continue the installation.

Thanks to Ragu.

Best Regards

Soeren Baek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ragu

I appreicate it

Kind Regards

Sohail

former_member38225
Participant
0 Kudos

Soeren, can you elaborate further on exactly what you did, we are having this problem on our DB server and the <SID>adm user is already a local administrator.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same error and once I change the logon id in Windows Services to domain account instead of Local System, the error was resolved.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapstars,

I could overcome this issue by changing SIDADM user say XYZadm to xyzadm

and then checked in SQL Server Management Studio Query---xp_logininfo the user sidadm appeared

Thanks

Harikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Even I had the same problem and what we did was ...

steps as follows:-

stop the installation

go to services - SQL SERVER(MSSQLSERVER) - properties - go to Log on tab and in Logon on as THIS ACCOUNT: enter the Domain admin's user id and pwd and stop start service.

Then start the installation and select continue with the old installation and you will see that the problem is fixed as the phase moves forward.

all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

stop the installation

go to services - SQL SERVER(MSSQLSERVER) - properties - go to Log on tab and in Logon on as THIS ACCOUNT: enter the Domain admin's user id and pwd and stop start service.

Then start the installation and select continue with the old installation and you will see that the problem is fixed as the phase moves forward.

all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

stop the installation

all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

stop the installation

all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

stop the installation

all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on my environment the error is caused by a naming mistake for the adm-User: the user on the domain has the name "SIDadm" (upper case SID) instead of "sidadm" (lower case sid). Rename the domain user to "sidadm" and it will work.

Environment: Win-Server 2003, MS SQL-Server 2005, Installation of SAP ERP 6.0.

Greatings

Michael

Edited by: Michael Hähnel on Jul 22, 2009 9:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx so much michel solved answer, instead of SIDadm , change it to sidadm and it ll work.

Edited by: Islam Semmary on Sep 6, 2009 7:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohail,

I have the same problem that you have. Did you find the solution?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Esteban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed:

Is <SID>ADM user member of local administrators group in your W2003 ?

If YES, do you have additional log information ?

Regards,

Federico