Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating purchases requisition in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone help please.

We are implementing SRM 7.0 using the Classic Scenario. After the shopping cart has been approved a requisition or purchase order is failing to be created in the backend system. The error being received is:

'Shopping cart 0000100372 (PReq. 0090030753): ME 013 Document type ec not allowed with doc. cat egory B (Please check input)'

I believe I have carried out all the necessary configuration, and was wondering if anyone else has had this error, or knows what is causing the problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Message ME 013 comes from backend system and normally it is related to system configuration.

You should ensure that you have * maintained for all product categories in "Define back end system Product catagory" with a backend, in other case, no product category can be determined.

Also, note 1163318 helps in case of POs being created in backend.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see you have mentioned in your message, item category B, can you check if you are creating limit shopping cart or standard shopping cart ?

BR

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm just creating a standard shopping cart.

To be honest I am a little suspect if the error message is correctly indicating what the cause of the problem is. We are currently using EBP v3.0, and have never had any problem with configuration we have in place in our backend system with regard to item categories. Rather than do the double upgrade we ar doing a new install of SRM 7.0, and wonder if there is something missing or incorrect with a setting in the Org Stucture.

Any thought gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to let you all know that I have managed to resolve this problem.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Claire

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Managed to sort this out - had entered the document type in lower case rather than upper!

Thanks for everyones suggestions.