Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSC-01004 Could not create task file sapssexc.tsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

We are trying to install XI3.0 on WebAS6.4 with Oracle9.2

When installing "<b>Database Instance</b>"(in the <b>Database load(post processing)</b> part) we are getting the following error:

<b>MSC-01004 Could not create task file sapssexc.tsk</b> in <b>C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB</b> folder.

Please help me in this regard urgently.

Many thanks in advance.

<b>Regards,

Sai Krishna.</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joerg Weichbrodt is right.

You map drive from other machine. This step will be switch between Administrator user and <sid>adm user then map drive will be gone when switch user and map network back when switch to Administrator user. Then you can copy (only) EXPORT CD1 from source to local drive , and try again. It could be work. Trust me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Encountered the same problem.

What UI did is just coppied the installables on the local machine and restarted. It was fixed but don'tknow the exact reason for this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the same thing in every time. Install the newest r3load and all other executables.

Bye

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

... same problem here, but I tried to run:

E:\usr\sap\MNW\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe -ctf I "
kr-fs01\e$\webas640_exp_lng\EXP1/DATA/SAPSSEXC.STR" "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/DDLORA.TPL" "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSSEXC.TSK" ORA -l "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSSEXC.log"

from a DOS-box manually - it worked fine (task file created, log entries ok., return code 0 ...)

The same stuff from sapinst ---> MSC-01004 ...

here the entries from SAPSSEXEC.log:

(TFH) ERROR: Unable to open
kr-fs01\e$\webas640_exp_lng\EXP1/DATA/SAPSSEXC.STR

(TFH) ERROR: OS error message: Invalid argument

But the file \webas640_exp_lng\EXP1/DATA/SAPSSEXC.STR is definitely there and accessible.

I suppose the (forward-)slash in the path-name could be a problem ??

Any other ideas ?

Regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I (hopefully) fixed the problem ...

The problem are definitely the (forward-)slashes in the path to SAPSSEXC.STR (or other *.STR files later ...)

If the installation files (EXPORT CD 1 - 3 in this case) are located on a network drive, SAPINST uses UNC-notation for the path (i.e.
kr-fs01\e$\webas640_exp_lng\EXP1/DATA/SAPSSEXC.STR)

UNC-notation (some M$ network-lib's respectively) allows backslashes only.

So place your files on a local drive (CD, DVD, harddisk ...) and everything should work.

Hope this helps ...

Regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have the same problem...

I have the DVD(EXPORT 1 to 3) in the drive but the error continue.

Do you have other idea!?

Please help me!!

Regards

Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a problem just like that, during my db instance inst. What I found out is that win 2003 serv. uses the network path instead of the mapped path I have asigned, and it seems that sapinst had some touble in that direction. What I did during the installation was, when choosing the location of the export cd´s 1-8 I checked "local copy" and created a local folder for each export cd. After that the installtion was succesful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the same problem! Did you find any solution?

> hi all,

> We are trying to install XI3.0 on WebAS6.4 with

> h Oracle9.2

> When installing "<b>Database Instance</b>"(in the

> e <b>Database load(post processing)</b> part) we are

> getting the following error:

> <b>MSC-01004 Could not create task file

> e sapssexc.tsk</b> in <b>C:\Program

> Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB</b>

> folder.

>

> Please help me in this regard urgently.

> Many thanks in advance.

>

> <b>Regards,

> Sai Krishna.</b>

>