cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable "Preview PDF" in SFP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At SFP, when I go to the layout, the Preview PDF tab is not available.

From menu: View > PDF Preview is disabled.

How to eanble this?

Thanks,

Ven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

umitgul
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Year 2022. I have found this comment and solve my problem. Thanks...

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can´t help you with this and maybe nobody can. Sometimes (don´t know based on what reason) I can use PDF preview and sometimes not (sometimes means months, maybe it is a versioning problem...). The same problem had my colleagues.

If you need it for scripting, than you can write your scripts outside SAP in LCD only (note: in SAP PDF preview does not work the same way, some scripts does not work or even get launched). If you need just a preview, you will have to create yourself a super-fast-preview-report:

fp_outputparams-dest = 'ZPDF'.

fp_outputparams-nodialog = 'X'.

fp_outputparams-preview = 'X'.

Regards, Otto

Former Member

If you go into Adobe Acrobat by double clicking any PDF you happen to have on your PC and then go to Edit->Preferences and select the checkbox to turn on Display PDF in Browser.

Then when you reload SFP the Preview PDF option will be available in the View menu and the tab should also appear.

sweta1196
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried above approach still preview pdf option is disabled for us in SFP layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need Adobe Reader and MS Internet Explorer installed.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adobe Reader 9 and IE 8 , live Cyce Designer 8 are installed.

Observed one thing - if I open any pdf file and open the layout at sfp - I am able to see the preview pdf tab.

Not sure why so...

Closing any ways ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I understood your problem, just do one thing go to layout and right click on body page tab u will get xml source and pdf preview options then choose pdf preview from that then u can have the preview at SFP.

Regards,

Venkat