SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return stock for different vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following scenario:

The customer returns an article 1 to the wholesaler (DC). An employee decides that the article 1 should be shipped back to the vendor X. To save shipping cost the shipment will only be done after enough articles are on storage location. There is only one storage location for several articles (e.g. 1, 2, 3 ...) from several vendors (e.g. X, Y, Z).

Now my client wants to know, which article on the storage locations are going to which vendor.

I tried to think of different storage locations for vendors, but that is not an option.

Also I was thinking of consignment stock, but this doesn't work because the financial booking is only allowed after the goods are shipped back to the vendor (posting GI).

Do you have any smart ideas how to handle this scenario?

Kind regards,

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Probably you can use 'O' Stock - Subcontract Stock. Use movement 541 to transfer from unrestricted to 'O' Stock.

This gives you a view of the stock for each vendor. The stock is also valuated in our books.

Regards,

Naveen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Probably you can use 'O' Stock - Subcontract Stock. Use movement 541 to transfer from unrestricted to 'O' Stock.

This gives you a view of the stock for each vendor. The stock is also valuated in our books.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

thank you for your answer. O stock would be a good solution. The problem is, that I need an aditional attibute (new rewirement). With the vendor I have also to track the return reason because of different return conditions.

A possible solution would be batch management but I don't want to do it with batches.

Serialisation or WM with different bins are also not options I want to pull.

Does anyone have other ideas how to track vendor and reson for return in standard SAP?

Thanks for your help,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

If you are using ECC 6.0 EP4, you can use the Advance Returns Management functionality to capture the Return to Vendor with a reason code. You can process the subsequent documents for all the return Orders creatd (Outbound Delivery + Goods Issue) once there are enough articles. You can read more about Advance Returns Management here: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/66/6259fa030b4b959991a99b45e85e00/content.htm

If you are not on EP4 you can still use the 'O' stock solution. You can capture a reason of return as Text on transaction MIGO (Both at the Header and Item level)

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

I think the advanced return management would do what I need.

Thanks,

Frank