cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of Sales Order not changing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Our client's document generation process is that they make a Sales Order for say 100pcs to their Dealer and then the Dealer wants the client to send them 20pcs on a perticular day. To inform the Plant to dispatch 20pcs to the Dealer on that day, client makes another Sales Order (referencing the first Sales Order) for 20pcs on the day of requirement, which the Plant accordingly dispatches after VL01n and VF01.

Now the issue is since we are referencing OR doc type with another OR doc type, system is not changing the status of the first OR even after complete reference, but the second OR is changing to 'Completed' after full referencing to an OBD.

I checked all the combinations but it is not changing. I tried many combination in VTAA for OR to OR and also in VOV7 for diff combinations of Completion Rule.

What else can I do? Kindly help me out here, for which I will ever be greatful.

Thanks and regards

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, you are creating a new sales order, with refence to exiting sales order. the status will not not update in first sales order.

Alternatively, if the first document is a Quotation and with reference to Quotation of 100 nos, you create say sales order of 20 nos,m this will update status in Quotation. once the Quotation is completely referenced, it will update the status accordingly.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In VTAA, for OR to OR, at Item level, you will find the field "Positive/Negative quantity" Check box. In standard, you will find it blank for the above copy control pair. Assign value "+(positive)" in that field. Also in the "Copy quantity" field, assign the appropriate value from the drop down list.

Update document flow should be selected.

Possibly, your issue will be solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit, I have already check marked 'Update Document Flow' as confirmed in the first reply I gave, thanks any way.

Dear Pradyumna, I have indeed done that and tested in many combination of 'Positive/Negative quantity', 'Copy quantity', 'Copying Requirement', 'DataT', 'FPLA', 'Update Document Flow'.

As 'SAP Mentor' Rajesh Banka and other friends have indicated, I am afraid the first Sales Order is not going to change its status from 'Open' to any thing else. If some one can try the same scenario and then confirm, then I will be so greatful.

Till then ....

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wrt: your requirement, have tested & found source doc OR- status is not updating.

But it seems its std behaviour of SAP

eg:

As we know,-Sales Order status will be update based on std customization @ Copy Control / Source doc item category level.

Where as in Std OR - once we create the delivery wrt:OR, then based on copy control maintained as said by the other mates, Order status will get updated accordingly.

Here, OR is created ( updated in delivery due list, status is open).

Now you created another OR wrt: first OR, then there is conflict, in order status updation, because here source document is same in both the cases ( creating subsequent document of Source doc & second OR).

But as per system, first OR status is getting udpated once delivery is created, until then it is in "OPEN" status only, though you create one more OR wrt:first OR.

NOTE: if it is your client requirement you have to go for new documen type ( in std: its given as Contract / Quotation etc..,)

Small observation is, in VTAA Copy control from OR-OR,

status will not get update & the document flow is left blank. Which means, this flow can be used to just create a copy of the actual document w/o updating the status, assumes it can be used to send an order confirmation for a single material , where in actual document contains multi materials.( its just an eg: may not be for single material, could be for any reason)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually, it is not logical to have updation when you create OR from OR.

That is why "Positive/Negative quantity" & "Update document flow"field is blank in the copy control in standard SAP. Therefore, you can create any number of orders(OR) with reference to the exsting order(OR).

These above two fields controls the updation. I believe, you might have changed many thing value while trying.

Just make the settings like it is in the standard, assign the value "+" in the "Positive/Negative quantity" field and just mark the "Update document flow" check box. No other settings are required.

Do not put any completion rule in the Item category.

I do not have access to SAP now, so unable to tell you the settings in standard sap.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have checked . It is updating.My flow is like that.

1) Created S.O.

2) Created another S.O. with reference to above S.O. but taken full reference

3) Created Del. Document ( Done PGI)

In document flow it is showing both S.O. No. as complete status.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Wrt: your post, I pressume that you have checked customization such as,

in VTAA - Item level- Update document flow has marked or not?

in VOV7 - Source doc's Item Cateogry - Completion rule has maintained appropriately are not like ( document is complete, when target quantity is fully referenced).

Can you re-check & confirm?

if it is maintained, then the source document status should get update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reazuddin, Update document flow has been marked and in VOV7, Source doc's Item Cateogry - Completion rule has been maintained and tried out in many combinations, but source document's status is not changing from 'Open'.

I think the problem is since creating a Sales Order 'OR' from another Sales Order 'OR'.

Kindly try this combination (OR --> OR --> LF --> F2) and let me know the solution.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please understand the Completion Rule in the Item category settings is meant for Quotation and Contract....

That is, the stadard process flow is : Quotation - Sales Order - Delivery - Invoice. or Contract - Sales order......

I think for your requirement we can think of a different approach. Give me some time.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the Standard Behaviour, Since the FIRST ORDER was not delivered, it will be open.

You have done the DELIVERY & BILLING with reference to the Second order, hence it was complete

thanks,

santosh

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It will defenetely update but u need to have proper COPY CONTROL for that SALES DICUMENT TYPE(OR) to (OR).

Need to check whether Document Flow Field is marked for document updation in COPY CONTROL between OR to OR at

ITEM LEVEL for ITEM CATEGORY ( Used in S.O.).

REGARDS

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Edited by: AJIT K SINGH on Nov 27, 2009 1:36 PM