cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor filtered by Company Code and not Purchasgin Organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I need to be able to filter vendors not only per purchasing organization but also per company code. That is to say, when the requestor looks for the vendor while creating a shopping cart we need that the vendors displayed belongs to his Company Code and his purchasing organization.

The problem is that we have a P. Organization and 2 companies within it. Each company can have different vendors and... they must only be available for the correct company.

Thanks for your support!

RR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricard Rovira,

There are search help exists for each search help. You can check with your ABAPer for the corresponding method of post building the list of the exit so that the search help for the supplier id would read the company code from your SC line item and would show you the list of the vendors of the purchasing organization and the company code combination.

SRM will not bring any Company code data of the supplier and hence, you might end up making lot of RFC calls to the ERP system whcih will/might slow down the SC transaction execution time especially when the SC has lot of items to order.

Thank You,

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will have to disagree that the RFC calls will slow down the system performance.

You can certainly enhance the search screen to do this, we have done this in a system where we had tens of thousands of users.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in srm , we may have not a not a data of company code . correct me if i were wrong..

i will also double check my side

vendor vs purchase org

bbpfrg60 search

i dont know exact syntax.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricard,

I'm no sure that I understood your problem. But one possibility could be to check if the vendor belongs to the company code of the requester. You can to that by reading (with remote function call) the table LFB1 (creditor company codes) on the backend with key LIFNR and BUKRS.

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricard,

You could use the FM META_CREDITOR_GETLIST to get the list of Vendors based on CCode.

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one way to control this would by providing seperate procurment catalogs or catalog voews to each company code.

Your Purch Dept should only put products from suppliers into the catalog/view that the Co Code can use.

By this method, you can control catalog visibility at Co Code level in the Org structure, and shoppers will only be able to choose from the suppliers that they have access to.

Only other way is probably to always extend all suppliers to all Purch Orgs.

Hope this helps

Allen