cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering outbound asynchronous enterprise service from r/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the right way to trigger an outbound asynchronous enterprise service from r/3. From a user exit? output message?

Thanks, Rajani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Depends on what you want to accomplish. Once you have created consumer proxy and setup port, you can embed the code to trigger Web Service from any where. Since it is asynchronous, it can be incorporated in user exit as well.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Venu. Focus shifted away from this project. Hence the delay. Sorry.

Outbound asynchronous Service we are interested in is : InvoiceRequest_Out

under namespace: http://sap.com/xi/APPL/SE/Global

Consumer proxy is : CO_IVE_INVOICERQ

Tested this service using program IVE_INVOICERQTST in sandbox and decided to use it. We want to use webmethods EAI and not SAP PI.

My question is: How do I create another port for this service. T-code SOAMANAGER is not displaying this service.

Regards, Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

T-code SOAMANAGER is not displaying this service

How are you doing your service search in SOAMANAGER? Dropdown lists: Client / Service & Internal / External name?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tab Application and scenario communication, single service administration.

Search by : Consumer proxy

Pattern: CO_IVE*

Field: both names

system : E6X/010

clearly these client proxies are for XI/PI. I gave WSDL from SAP out of the box enterprise service to middleware team (not PI)

and asked them to create a server proxy. They did and provided back to me their WSDL. but I'm not able to create another client proxy (errorred out). Not even sure if this is the right way to do it.

I thought, SAP would allow customers to define another port and set it as default, so this outbound asynchronous service can be sent to another system.

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Rajani