cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform - Skip line printing on new page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Smartform with a list of line items. At the top of the page is a header with the column names. Under the column names is a line (Text with General Attributes _____ ). After each line item we print another line. This works fine except when a page break occurs right after the line item details and the line goes on to the next page. Now there are two lines in a row. The one from the header and the one from the line item.

I'm trying to put a condition on the line item line that doesn't print when there is a change in page using SFSY-PAGE and a global variable that holds the page number of the previous line, but its not working.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use page protection, no need for any logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Page protection sounds like it will work for me but my Page Protection option is disabled/greyed out. I did some more searching and this looks like what I need:

Protection against page break for several table lines

- Expand the main area of your table node in the navigation tree.

- Insert a file node for the table lines to be protected in the main area.

- If you have already created table lines in the main area, you can put the lines that you want to protect again page break under the file using Drag&Drop. Otherwise, create the table lines as subnodes of the file.

- Choose the Output Options tab page of the file node and set the Page Protection option. All table lines that are in the file with the Page Protection option set are output on one page.

BUT what in the world is a "file node"? I don't have that option in the create menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think file means folder. I created a folder but I still can not select page protection. Its driving me crazy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try doing the page protection a different way.

Are you using a SmartStyle? Create a Paragraph Format for these two lines. Set the Page Protection on the Paragraph Format in the SmartStyle.

In the SmartForms, use the new paragraph format for the detail line and separator line.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though this isn't exactly what you want, can you just use the Page Protection option (on the Output Options tab)?

It would prevent the detail line and the subsequent line from separating during a page break.