cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sending AS2 messages: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to send out a message via AS2 (Seeburger Adapter). The connection is based on HTTPS. For the connection is not SSL certificate on client side necessary. When I try to send the message I get the following error message in Seeburger message monitor:

"Could not deliver as2 message to partner: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: no valid SSLSession. please check server/client certificates ! # null"

From my point of view it is not clear were the error is located - client or server? I did some investigation and connected via browser to the AS2 server url. There I can see that the SSL connection is working. By clicking on the lock I can download the the certificate. It is valid.

Is there anyone who can hint where I can find the reason for this problem?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under the sender/receiver agreement adapter-specific attributes, were you able to place values in the signing key, encryption certificate and authentication certificate? If yes, were you also able to verify if the certificates existed in the AS2 keystore?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in a first step I only want to send a message to our partner. Because of this I configured only the receiver agreement with the encryption and authentication certificate which were provided by our partner. But I do not understand how this certifactes can influence the process to start the HTTPS connection? I gues that these certificates are necessary for the second step (sending the AS2 message). Or am I wrong?

Thanks

Michael

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the certificates place a very important role.

1. It is used for the handshake, if this fails, the connection terminates

2. After the handshake, the actual exchange of the messages take place. e.g decryption, signing, etc

Have you installed the partner certificates using Visual Admin?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check this.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked: The certificate was installed using Visual Admin. In addation to this I compared the certificates name and the configuration entry in the receiver agreement. It's correct.

What else can I check?

best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for testing I changed something in the receiver communication channel. I deactivated the checkbox "Hostname Check". Then I get the following error message:

"Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: Fatal exception: com.sap.aii.af.ra.cci.XIRecoverableException: SEEBURGER AS2: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: unknown CA # , SEEBURGER AS2: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: unknown CA #."

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do this check:

1. Is your SSL certificate or its CA expired?

2. Have you installed the CA certificate in Visual Admin?

3. If possible, have a certificate that is CA-signed...This will solve your problem

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is solved now.

We installed the necessary root certificates. But this did not help. I got the same error message. Then I filled the alias of the root certificate in the receiver communication channel (Parameter:Server Certificate (Keystore)) and the messages were sent.

Thanks a lot

Michael

Answers (0)