Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload IT1000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i'm uploading infotype 1000, for that i can

1. use the fm RH_INSERT_INFOTYPE

2. can run a BDC on transaction 'PP01'

3. use LSMW approach

what is the best option among these 3, considering that i've huge amount of data(around 20k)?

if i opt for using "RH_INSERT_INFOTYPE" do i've the

same issue as with "HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION", i.e., running into buffering issues(as it uses the CALL DIALOG approach, remember that i've large amount of data).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

1. what is the best option among these 3

HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

is the best option.

2. I have used this and it works fantastic.

(no problems of buffering etc.)

3. In my personal opinion, go for

HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

regards,

amit m.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

1. what is the best option among these 3

HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

is the best option.

2. I have used this and it works fantastic.

(no problems of buffering etc.)

3. In my personal opinion, go for

HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

can we upload OM infotypes using "HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION"?

0 Kudos

Hi again,

1. I don't think so. ( i have not tried it)

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

use transaction PP02 and record using SHDB and run the BDC..have used it works good...

reward points if it helps

gunjan

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The Function Module HR_INFOTYPE_OPEARTION is only for PA Infotypes & cannot be used for loading HRP1000. What PD Objects are you loading into HRP1000? Also, using a conventional BDC on PP01 or a function call that INSERTs the infotypes, really depends on your load/requirement. With the RH_INSERT_INFOTYPE function, I guess you have to use another follow-up function to UPDATE the database.. even an explicit COMMIT WORK statement doesn't help..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you very much for ur reply, the main objects that i'm uploading are Positions,Jobs,Org.Units apart from these objects there may be some other objects(what is the prominence of the objects that i'm uploading?).Can u please provide some more details regarding using RH_INSERT_INFOTYPE or a BDC on PP01 and on the follow up function module.

0 Kudos

First off, the function module is RH_INSERT_INFTY.. the follow-up to it is 'RH_UPDATE_DATABASE'.Depending on the type of update you need, one of the following values can be passed to this function..

S	Synchronous update in the update task
	V	Asynchronous update in the update task
	D	Update in dialog
	B	Update in internal buffer
		No update via personnel planning update task

I don't know what you mean by 'prominence'.. In general, the Org Units come in at a higher level & then you have Jobs & Positions in that order..

If this an initial or a one-time load & you have a large number of Objects, I would suggest a BDC on PP01. Just do a recording with SHDB & follow the generated Program, and you should be fine..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thank you suresh,

one final question

how about using an LSMW approach what are the disadvantages when compared with an BDC on PP01.

0 Kudos

Ravi,

Not much of a difference..A BDC might be helpful if you have too many validations before the update.. otherwise, you can go for LSMW.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thank u Suresh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

IN the FM RH_INSERT_INFTY you have a import parameter called VTASK.

The individual parameter values VTASK (update type) have the following

meanings:

- 'D' -> update in dialog

- 'S' -> synchronous update via update task

- 'V' -> asynchronous update via update task

- 'B' -> update internal in buffer only, no database update

YOu can chose S, A or B if you think you will run into issues with dialog mode updation.

Basically 2 and 3 are similar, in the sense that you can use a call transaction in LSMW.

Call transaction is just fine as long as you can take care of the programming complexity.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the FM <b>HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION</b>.it is useful in uploading the infotypes.

Regards

vijay