cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java GUI 7.20 and SNC on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Just trying out the preview version of GUI 7.20 on Windows 7 OS, and tried to setup a SNC logon. Error message is "Unable to load GSS-API DLL named "sncgss32.dll" ...

I've done a search and there is no sncgss32.dll file anywhere on the computer. I cannot find it in the installation package either.

Maybe it is not included in the preview version... Has anyone setup SNC logon functionality on Windows 7?

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I made the same conclusion, that the gui tries to load a default library - sncgss32.dll , and it is not there. But I cannot find it anywhere on my computer, and the installation package comes as a jar file, and in it I also cannot find the library. I suppose I cannot use the dll from the GUI 7.10 installation?

thanks

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandra,

did you solve your problem with Windows 7 and SAPGui 7.20?

Thank you,

Federico Biavati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes, it is solved. I simply used the sncgss32.dll file from Windows GUI 7.10 i usually use.

Why it was not copied to my laptop during the installation od SAP GUI for Java, I do not know. I opened a customer message about this but received a vague answer

"for the SNC logon you need also a 3rd party snc software.

SNC software is not a part of the sapgui for java, also not in the

Sapgui for windows!"

which i did not understand, because the file I needed IS included in the windows installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aleksandra,

Try the msi package of: Note 352295 - Microsoft Windows Single Sign-On options

It worked for us.

Regards,

Peter-Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

FIX :

1. From your Windows Start Menu, go to SAP Front End folder and choose SAP Logon.

2. Highlight the desired SAP instance to modify (it may end with (SNC); i.e. D7C (SNC).

3. Click the Change Item button.

4. Go to the Network tab. NOTE: It takes around 1 minute to show this tab.

5. Uncheck the Activate Secure Network Communication box and click OK.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAPGUI for Java (and Windows) come(s) with a kind of plug-in infrastructure to use security products for Secure Network Connections, but not including a SNC product itself.

Did you install the library required for using SNC and are pointing to it using the SNC_LIB environment variable? The error message looks like it tries to load a default library, but it is not there.

You might want to read the information about SNC in general available at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/b0bbd6dde71141bee8806586144796/frameset.htm

and regarding SAP GUI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/dd/2e029250f64ed682e1b2f3eda66fca/frameset.htm

Best regards

Rolf-Martin