cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom text besides selection screen field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to add some custom text to the selection screen field "CtegoryID" in the Product search screen(thru the link "Internal Goods")....I sthis possible thru change os some template?If yes,which one??

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

this won't be posible via template, as all search helps are processed by a generic template.

The only possibility is to change the ABAP search help in SE11, or to change the parameters translation.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

If you rememeber i have created a z search for the products..So now to change the selection screen,what do in my Z FM exit??

Can you pls elaborate "change the parameters translation".?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Actually my exact reqt is that for the field "category ID", i want a combo-box on screen wherin i will have all the predefined values for my possible categories and the user can select any of them...This is the ideal way of making the selection screen more user friendly....Any suggestions on this???

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...

I don't remember an existing search help with some fields using a combo-box.

In the FM assigned to the search help (the search help exit), you can pre and post process some data.

IF callcontrol-step = 'PRESEL', 'SELONE', 'SELECT'.....

But I don't see anything for seach a feature.

In conclusion, I don't think this is supported by generic search help.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

IN the step PRESEL , cant i use the FM "F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST" to call my own predefined values???

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never tried.

So I can't tell.

Sorry.

You can predefine one value for sure, but I don't know if you can predefine a list of values.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

I have tried using the FM mentioned and in the SAP screen i am getting the help for catalog ID(some F4 help)....but to have it in my ITS screens i will have to modify the templates also...Neways i will keep u posted on this....

If you get to know any other method by which we can achieve this,pls let me know...

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

The help which is cumin for category ID is the std F4 help...I need to work on this ...atleast is there any way wherein i can insert the texts besides the field??

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please some suggestions required....

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

You said all search helps are processed by a generic template....Whcih is this template???Why i need this is i want to change the std text "Note: Placeholder search with * is possible. Search ignores upper/lowercase spelling." whcih is displayed at the top in the selection screen for Product Search in the ITS screen...

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

As usual, use the right-click in IE to view the template source code, and find the service/template.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti Pednekar ,

I have the same requirment to change the standard text "Note: Placeholder search with * is possible. Search ignores upper/lowercase spelling." which is coming from ITS.

I tried looking for template by doing rt.click on the screen for which i am not getting the screen information.

Can you please guide me how to change the text.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can follow the below steps .

Transaction: SE80

Internet service:BBPSEARCHHELP

HTML template:SEARCHHELP

here you can create a parameter and call that parameter to display your custom message.

Regards,

Paris,