cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing journal entries with DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have errors when I try to import Journal Entries with DTW.

My Excel files are like this :

oJournalEntries :
RecordKey	JdtNum	AutoVAT	DueDate	Indicator	Memo	ProjectCode	Reference	Reference2	ReferenceDate	Series	StampTax	StornoDate	TaxDate	TransactionCode	UseAutoStorno	VatDate
RecordKey	JdtNum	AutoVAT	DueDate	Indicator	Memo	ProjectCode	Reference	Reference2	ReferenceDate	Series	StampTax	StornoDate	TaxDate	TransactionCode	UseAutoStorno	VatDate
262			        20051005		FA04662262				             20051103

oJournalEntries_Lines:
RecordKey	LineNum	AccountCode	AdditionalReference	BaseSum	ContraAccount	CostingCode	Credit	Debit	DueDate	FCCredit	FCCurrency	FCDebit	GrossValue	LineMemo	ProjectCode	Reference1	Reference2	ReferenceDate1	ReferenceDate2	ShortName	SystemBaseAmount	SystemVatAmount	TaxDate	TaxGroup	VatAmount	VatDate	VatLine
RecordKey	LineNum	AccountCode	AdditionalReference	BaseSum	ContraAccount	CostingCode	Credit	Debit	DueDate	FCCredit	FCCurrency	FCDebit	GrossValue	LineMemo	ProjectCode	Reference1	Reference2	ReferenceDate1	ReferenceDate2	ShortName	SystemBaseAmount	SystemVatAmount	TaxDate	TaxGroup	VatAmount	VatDate	VatLine
262		        401000045					                     0.00	        444.07						HA Ipaq													
262		        608700000					                     23.50	0.00						HA Ipaq										D4			
262		        607000000					                     347.80	0.00						HA Ipaq										D4			
262		        445660000					                     72.77	0.00						HA Ipaq					

I can't find where is my error, DTW gives some errors, but they are not very comprehensible.

Do I have to put the VAT line?

Are the BP and account codes in the same column (AccountCode)?

Thanks for your answer.

Thibault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thibault Romieu

You don't need to put vat. But by looking at your import doc i see you have no Credit values. I think the values in the costing code are your credit values. Correct??? Wrong column. Debit and credit must sum up the right values. Also, are you using segmented accounts, if yes then the account code is wrong. If no then the account code is correct.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, I will try this.

Actually, when I copied/pasted my file, the data not appeared in the right columns, but I have Debit and credit that sum up the right values.

And I don't use segmented accounts.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I tried not puting the vat.

The error that DTW gives me is in the first row of the lines and in the field account.

Is the problem coming from using a BP code instead of an account code?

Thanks

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When using a bp code you have to use two columns. If memory serves me correctly it must be in Account code and in additional reference.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I have the same error again... it is very weird.

Do you know where I can find more specific help about DTW? I can't find it anywhere.

It will be usefull because DTW errors are not very explicit...

Thank you for your help anyway.

Thibault

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thibault

Your reference is the DI API, that is what sap has said. Your bp code, it does not look like a bp code, looks like an account code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, so I will do with DI API (that's what I use already).

Yes, the BP codes we use looks like account codes, but there are defined as BP codes.

Actually, this notation come from the legacy system (french) in which there is an account code for every BP.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution.

I had to fill the column ContraAccount with the correct BP and account codes and in the column Account the control account (for BP).

Moreover, I had to fill the column ShortName as well.

Thanks

Thibault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello would you please sen an screenshot of the final template

I'm trying to use the same logic for SDK but I had the error Tax account has not been defined for the selected tax code

Best regards,

Gabriela