cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Java applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented Knowledge Management and Collaboration using EP 6.0 SP14 , KMC SPS14 and TREX 6.1.

We are in need to implement the following requirements:

1. An existing application developed in Lotus Notes enable us to create projects / folders, which will

automatically trigger an event that will create a folder and set of folders beneath it.

- We are in need to do the same in Knowledge Management. ie. <b>When a project / folder is created in the

existing lotus notes application, the same has trigger an event that will create a set of folders in KM.</b>

Kindly let me know , if this is possible and if so how ?

Thanks & Regards,

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

from an architecture perspective, I see two options:

(1) Integrate the Lotus App with KM via Repository manager

by doing so the views of your custom notes domino application is made available through the KM repository framework. In this option, your persistence would be the notes database and documents and views. For more info pls. check the lotus notes repository manager at http://www.youatweb.de/yaw/yaw_base.nsf/docs/repman_en

(2) develop a small portal application and trigger that from your lotus notes database

by doing so you're calling the SAP EP from your notes database. you can do this by a simple HTTP call and transfer the parameter via the query string or you may use SOAP Webservices communication to the SAP portal application to transfer more complex data.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James / Michael,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I will see through this and get back..

Regards,

venkat.

PS:Points rewarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Have you already integrated Lotus Notes with your EP 6.0 SP14 , KMC SPS14 ?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

I have included the mail facility alone using Webmail redirect feature.

Would that help ?

Regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

That is a start, but you have to build your scenario in Lotus notes and trigger the event.

You might find interest in

http://www.youatweb.de/yaw/yaw_base.nsf/vwContentByKey/W25YFBHJ628CCHEEN

James