cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition category 'S'

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day.

Is anybody here who can answer my question?

The question is related to pricing procedure.

There is a parameter - Condition category which is used in condition type.

I'd like to know about a condition type behaviour if 'S' condition category was used in it.

As I know it takes standard price from material master data but the main question is - Whether it take the price according to Sales order data creation or a Date which was inserted into Invoice?

Shortly - Is it take a price which is actual for the current operation date?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everybody for your answers.

Tomorrow I'll check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System shall have only one standrad price at a given moment.If u change standard price of material the entire inventory exist would be revalued.

With condition category "S".The system will get only one valid record i.e.standrad price irrespective of the date.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you like to say that it's impossible to use standard price in accordance with its history?

For example:

Yesterday we created a sales order where price was calculated on the Standard price base and was equal to 100 euros. Delivery was created and then Goods issue was done.

Today the Standard price was changed and is equal to 150 euros.

If this delivery is invoiced tomorrow and GI date (yesterday) is taken as a base of invoicing will be the price 150 euros in spite of the fact that it was 100 at the time of GI?

In other words - price which calculated on Standard price base takes only the price which is current at the moment of the action without a relation to its history.

Is it right?

Edited by: Oleg Eliseev on Nov 24, 2009 1:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You understood correctly.You can revise standard cost as many times (normaly period wise) as you require but can store only recent one on material master also the inventory for prevous period will also be revaluted with new standard price.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly said by you, the CONDITION CATEGORY S referes to the STANDARD COST which will be picked from the MATERIAL MASTER Acconting View.

The date of the Standar code will come into effect based on the PRICING DATE in the V/06 in the CONTROL DATA 2

If you want the cost to be effective from price date, then you have to select the option B

If you want the cost to be effective to the order from the Bill dte , then you have to select the option C.

Please check the option in the selected enries and revert back if you still have some questions

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

In transaction V/06 , if you go into details of condition type, there is a field called ' Pricing date' which has the following options based on which the pricing date is based:

A Date of services rendered (KOMK-FBUDA)

B Price date (KOMK-PRSDT)

C Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)

D Creation date (KOMK-ERDAT)

E Order date (KOMK-AUDAT)

Hence based on the selection above the date of price is calculated.

Thanks & Regards,

Preethi

Edited by: preethi R on Nov 24, 2009 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi.

Thanx for the answer but I know about the option.

Maybe my question was formulated incorrectly but I'd like to know whether these rules are actual for 'S' condition category or not.

Yes if we talk about a condition which are maintained manyally it's true. But Standard price is a condition of a different nature.

So, I'm not sure that its behaviour follows the same rules as the others.

Edited by: Oleg Eliseev on Nov 24, 2009 1:00 PM