cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc XML Conversion Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exerts,

When IDoc sent from R/3 got successfully loaded with all segments in WE02 wihtout overlapping,

I find the data gets overlapped in XML only for a deep routed structure in sxi_monitor, while WE02 has no issue for it.

Analysis made:

1. IDoc details had been checked for the field which has 18 digits, but at XML it receives only 5 digits after which it loads to next element of that structure.

2. When i crosschecked with cache, it was fine and i even activated once with the updated metatdata from R/3.

Queries:

1. From R/3 end, everything looks fine by analyzing WE02, i also checked by running IDOC_XML_TRANSFORM, but this XML has generated the proper data as seen in WE02. Where did it get this issue for overlapping in Integration engine? Will R/3 use this standard function module to transform to XML message or any else that creates this unknown error?

2. I activated the complete objects in repository and also checked the cache status, but still it gets me the same overlapping at XML under the Inbound message. Could anyone kindly clarify why this happens?

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In IDX2 did you check the segment details information..?? It shows the offset and length info of the segment... check the correctness of this metdata...

Metadata loaded may be wrong because of

1. IDoc segments not released...!!!

2. You may be importing it from a wrong port/system.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

Thanks for the quick response.

I cross-checked already in IDX2 for the segment reflections as defined in R/3.

But unforgetedly i missed checking the outbound ports which had required this updations....

This works well...

Here is your granted points.

Thanks a lot for remainding me this resolution Santhosh...

Thanks!

Regards,

Dhayanandh .S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems metadata issue. Reload the IDOC metadata in XI by using IDX2.

Secondly if you have made any changes in your IDOC then you also need to re-import the IDOC in XI repository.

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Nov 24, 2009 4:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

Thanks for the Quick response.

Unfortunately again i find the same overlapping issue, even after deleting the entry and relaoding a new entry in IDX2.

I again reloaded it in repository, but still i find the same issue.

Thanks!

Regards,

Dhayanandh .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cross check the field lenght of the particular field (which you mentioned as 18) in Idoc metadata in IDX2 and in repository IDOC metadata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI, refresh the cache by using SXI_CACHE.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. IDoc details had been checked for the field which has 18 digits, but at XML it receives only 5 digits after which it loads to 
next element of that structure.

Is there any length restriction defined on the field......if not then it still seems to be a cache-related issue.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh, Nagarjuna and Abhishek,

From R/3 during IDoc generation, they had made changes in IDoc custom segment and those changes are brought into PI by reimporting the IDoc Object.

I still find the same issue, even after refreshing the complete and delta caches under SXI_CACHE.

Is there any other way to monitor these experts???

I really doubt if it could still be the issue with R/3 end for custom segments, eventhough it gets generated in WE02 !!!

Thanks!

Regards,

Dhayanandh .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

In R3 go to WE31 give the z-segment name which have been changed and and see if this segment have been released or not. Also varify the field lengths there once again.

Secondly make sure if you have uploaded the metadata in system in IDX2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

Thanks a lot for responding back.

The issue got resolved as i missed out checking outbound port configured in XI for the updations.

Have a nice time.

Thanks!

Regards,

Dhayanandh .S