Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception SysCall:bind() failed, while running Mi 7.1 app on Mobile device

Former Member
0 Kudos

<pre>

<font face = 'Tahoma'>

Hi Experts,

We have created a SAP MI Application in SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP08 PAT0001.

We created .

1. Employee_sc Service in the Service Explorer

2. Employee_UI in the handheld UI explorer.

3. Emplyee_app in the 'Applicaton Explorer' where I included both the service and the UI together.

Then I deployed all three in the default MI location and tested in the simulator .The application works fine in simulator.

In the First View of my application I am not displaying any data from the DOE.

In the first View I just have the buttons to create, search and delete employee details.

In my whole application I am not using any data objects coming from the backend. The data objects are crated in the frontend.

We have Installed SAP Mobile Client 7.1 sp8 in our mobile device running on windows mobile 6.1 with following details:-

1.CrE-ME412h_ARM_CE42_PPC_minimal

2. pda_runtime_wince

3.pda_eswt_container

4. pda_jsp_container

We Deployed the application on Mobile device by connecting it with development workstation through Manual Deployment .

The application appears on the Netweaver client screen after logon in mobile device:

But as soon as we try to run the application by clicking on it

***********************************************************************************************************

The following exception appears.

***********************************************************************************************************

Error: 500

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.framework.Start.isResponsible() at

com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.framework.Start.isResponsible() at

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.framework.spi.FrameworkManager.findFramework() at

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.framework.spi.FrameworkManager.startApplication() at

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.LaunchApplication() at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.doHandleEvent() at

com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetThreadSafe() at

com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet() at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.doGet() at

com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doPost() at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.doPost() at

com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service() at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service() at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService() at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service() at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService() at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service() at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection() at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt() at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run() at

java.lang.Thread.run()

**************************************************************************************************************

The contents of Jscpout File are :-

****************************************************************************************************************

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm)

CrE-ME J2ME(tm)

CrE-ME V4.12h B162.221008 22-Oct-2008

MemoryLimit=64000Kb

EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

java.io.IOException: SysCall : bind() failed

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind()

at java.net.ServerSocket.()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.console.MgmtConsole.initialize()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.startManagementConsole()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.init()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup.main()

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SysCall : bind() failed

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.console.MgmtConsole.initialize()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.startManagementConsole()

Error starting the framework

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize framework

CrEme jsPexit() called with status=1

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Nitesh

</font>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

the mentioned problem seems to be occuring because the Jsp container and Eswt container are installed simultaneously.

In this case to install the client on a handheld device, following Cabs need to be installed along with CReme installation

1. pda_runtime_wince.CAB

2. db2e.CAB or mindb.CAB

3. pda_eswt_container.CAB

Please follow the below given link to read more about installing the mobile client

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/c2e027d3126bede10000000a11466f/frameset.htm>

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Vaidehi

Edited by: Vaidehi Pandya on Nov 24, 2009 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vaidehi.It was the same issue . Problem solved

Answers (0)