Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation in Cluster for ECC Ehp4 SR1 in one cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Platform is Windows 2008, SQl Server 2008, ECC Ehp4 SR1

In our project, we are implementing ECC 6.0 Ehp4 SR1. Prior to this release, we use to have ABAP & JAVA (dual) stack in single installation. But going through installation guides and posts in SDN understood that now ABAP and JAVA has to be installed separately with different SID.

We have installed development system with separate SID for ABAP stack and java stack in the same box. Similarly, we did it for quality system also.

Now, we need to install the production system which will be in cluster. Earlier we have done cluster installation for ABAP & JAVA stack which would come in same cluster only. But now, since ABAP and JAVA have to be installed with separate SID, can I install both ABAP and JAVA stack in same cluster with two nodes or do we need to have separate cluster for ABAP and JAVA. As of now, we only have two nodes available. If we need to go with separate cluster for ABAP and JAVA we need to get two additional nodes.

So, let me know whether we can use existing two nodes and create a cluster and install ABAP and JAVA with different SID's on it. I have gone through the installation guide and could understand that it can be done. Hence let me know, whether I can go with single cluster. If so, then would be the advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions....I will go through the installation throughly and will plan and install.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir/Madam

I have one to install SAP cluster with two node with window server 2003 x64 R2, SQL server 2005.

below it is my step.

1. assume my window cluster and sql server are working fine.

2. I have start install ASCS  on virtual disk from node 1.

3. i have install First MSCS on virtual from node 1.

4. I have install Database instance on virtual disk from node 1.

5. I have install Second MSCS on virtual from  node2.

6 I have install ERS on physic disk on node 1.

7. i have instgall ERS on physic disk on node2.

8 i have install CI on physic disk on node 1

9 i have install DI on physic disk on node 2.

this is procedure that my consultant have set up on my real sap system . but when I try to install on lab . i got error when i finish on  step 5 above .

could you please tell me the above step is correct or not ?

thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath Babu,

YES, certainly it's possible to use your existing two nodes and create a cluster to install ABAP and JAVA with different SID's on ONE cluster.

You need to ensure that, both DB and SAP Certral Services (ASCS & SCS) are in SAN based shared drives.

You need to ensure that, both the nodes of cluster having the same drive letter where you install local instances

You need to ensure that, both the cluster pair nodes local instances are join points to required directories of ASCS & SCS.

And I presume this helps your in preparing your cluster based Multi SID environment.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for the reply. Can I install the CI, DI, and ERS for both ABAP and JAVA on the two MSCS nodes only. I mean I will install ASCS and SCS in same cluster with different SID. In that case, is it ok if I go with CI, DI and ERS for both ABAP and JAVA in same MSCS nodes locally.

Regards,

Sharath

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

Will suggest you to look at your problem as two seperate systems being installed on MSCS with two nodes.

So here ,first install you SAP ERP ABAP in MSCS (virtaul host ,failover etc should be tested).

Then install the another system with in similar way .

Database ,SAP and SCS directories should failover between two nodes.

Later you can do the integration with ABAP and Java system

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath Babu,

The ASCS & SCS instance must be installed and configured to run on two MSCS nodes in one MSCS

cluster. Ofcourse ESR is also on the same lines.

In brief, for each SAP system you have to install one central instance and at least one dialog instance.

For example, if your local instance on both nodes should have below listed items

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCS20

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SCS10

And these above folders are junction point with Central Instance that's build in SAN Drive with similar set of folders

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCS20

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SCS10

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Nov 27, 2009 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone throw some light on my query.

Regards,

Sharath