cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have 2 Alert Configurations with same XI Server, Local&Central(CCMS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking to configure Local Alert Configuration with XI Server,

It already had CCMS Alert Configurations in place, But the solution Manager

is forwarding alerts related to all the Servers (ECC,CRM,BW,XI). It is becoming

difficult to track the alerts of XI.

So my question is is it possible to have 2 alert configurations with XI l ocal & Certral (CCMS)?.

What are the effects if we have both.

I think it is possible to maintain xi specific alerts to specific mail ID's . But basis is finiding difficult in doing this.

Let me know suggestions if you have any in this case.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have the alert configured for XI alone (in alrtcatdef) with the required subject so that sorting can be done easily between other alert messages and the XI alert.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can have your own PI specific alerts.

You do this via ALRTCATDEF (as stated earlier)

You can edit the message header so you know if it's PI generated or if you log in as PISUPER to configure this then the sender will be PISUPER

Alternatively, why dont you ask BASIS to turn off monitoring for XI and allow you do a more fine-tuned version of this monitoring.

Or even better, dont create any local alerts but have BASIS finetune the central alerts so that the affected system is included in the subject header, also have them create roles for these systems and ensure messages are only sent to the impacted role. Blindly sending messages for all system to all system owners is really lazy config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

> So my question is is it possible to have 2 alert configurations with XI l ocal & Certral (CCMS)?.

Yes, we should create the more than one alert configuration. In this case for XI related you may use the different parameters and different subjectline and we can send the error in different format (..is the sender system, ... is the receiver system,..is the interface...). then we can easily identify this error is from the XI system.

Regards

Ramesh