Shipment Cost - Pricing Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have several ways to calculate our shipment cost:

1> Per route (fixed rate) regardless of quantity

2> Per route -> fixed rate per quantity

3> Per route -> fixed rate per quantity with discount per material

4> Per leg -> shipment doc may have two legs (passing by a transfer point) point A to point B, fixed rate (#1), while point B to point C, quantity rate (either #2 or #3)

Can you let me know how to set-up in the system? 4 condition types? Should I have 4 pricing procedure for each? Should I have 4 shipment cost document? 4 Shipment types?

How to set-up in the system such that from the shipment document, I can display comparisons (if #1 or #2) option is cheaper ... At the moment, it does not prompt me comparisons.. when i click the freight cost estimate button, it gives me the value directly...

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to create four shipment price procedure nor to create more shipment document,

when you create shipment then under stage tab maintain stages, e.g

Stage 1 = A to B

Stage 2 = B TO C

and depending on this you can calculate cost

Regards,

kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 24, 2009 10:16 AM

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 24, 2009 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil...

Thanks.. can u elaborate on that? all the 4 condition types belong to one procedure only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in shipment maintain 2 stages e.g.

Departure point A to point B

Point B to Destination Point C

Also in shipment cost type>>>Idefine team categories(0001)>>>Maintain distribution as "A"(shipment cost item)

Now create Shipment cost document by VI01, Here you will find 2 iteams( 1 is A to B and 2 is B to C),now for first you can maintain fixed price and for second you can mainatian on base of quantity.

Make appropriate calculation base in condition types.

If any problem revert back.

kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 25, 2009 6:04 AM

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 25, 2009 6:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kapil,

Thanks, but I have another question...

For example:

Option 1 = fix rate @ 5000usd

Option 2 = per quantity @ 100 per box

If for example, my delivery is less than 50 boxes, I should go for option 2.

But if my delivery is more than 50, then I should go for option 1

How then can I set this up such that the system will propose 2 instead of 1? can you give details...

(or such that I should choose to cost via 2 instead of 1) ... from my experience, it will always propose from the condition type master data... How can the system determine which one is better? Is this done manual calculation (externally)?

Thanks a lot...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can decide it when you creating shipment document,

whether I can create 2 stages or 1 stage, because cost is calculated on basis of

delivery

delivert item

shipment cost item

on basis of handling unit.

My suggestion is calculate on the basis of delivry Not on basis of shipment cost item (Stages).

and in shipment cost you can put manually if it is abovr 50 apply fixed cost and ig below 50 apply cost on quantity base.

Regards,

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kapil,

Thank you...

You mentioned I can put in the shipment cost the condition,that if it is less than 50 use one while above, use 2. Where do I put this? In configuration? Pricing Master? Or shipment cost document upon creation?

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In shipment cost document,

Create 2 condition for fixed cost & on the base of quantity and assign both in pricing procedure.

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)