cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of a batch is required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am having problem while doing UD in QA32. It gives Error like ' Assignment of a batch is required '. As there is no batch selected for particular material. And Inspection lot is already conform in production order.

How can i remove batch from quality.

Thnxs & Regards,

Swapnil Vaidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil

This is because of the partial lot assignment. Maintain in routing header maintain in Partial-lot assign maintain 1 partial lot for each inspection point

Currently it will either 2 Partial lot and batch for each inspection point or parial lot according to plant defualt which will be inturn the former one

You can check the same in plant level - QCC0> Basic setting > plant level setting > plant> result recording > partail lot assign

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partial lot is assign to - Partial lot and batch for each inspection point

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a Batch Managed Material, it is madatory to maintain/assign a Batch before doing UD for '03' Inspection Type Lots.

Assign Batch Number, then only system would save the UD.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil

Hope you are using Ecc 6.

For 03 lots which requires batch assignment while giving UD you have to give it through Tcode QA40. There is an option in this Tcode where in you can tick UD when Batch Assignement is missing . This will make sure that the UD is given to the batch assignment lots

If you need this feature to be made available for QA11 you have to implement the Note 146945 - Making usage decision for production lots w/o batch

but only issue will be that inpection lots without batch assignment might not be taken into account sufficiently or at all in the subsequent QM functions (in certificate processing, QMIS, results history - for example).

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil

I will check back and let you know

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil

Kindly change the parial assign lot to Partial lot with inspection point and not the batch one

It wont affect the current lot and you will create a new one and check the order

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I have tried with partial lot with inspection point. But still it is not done. And Order is maintain in Batches.

Swapnil

Edited by: swapnil vaidya on Nov 25, 2009 7:33 AM

Edited by: swapnil vaidya on Nov 25, 2009 7:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer precisly

Note 302854 - QA11:Error message QV044 when making usage decision

Along with

170081 - UD: Possible to make UD without batch assignment

146945 - Making usage decision for production lots w/o batch

Regards

Sujit

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil

Which is the inspection type you are referring to

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I am referring to Inspection type :03 - In-process insp. for production.

Thnxs

Edited by: swapnil vaidya on Nov 24, 2009 10:15 AM