cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Iview link in popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NG,

i have read some questions about opening iviews in a popup window here but until I could not find a solution for my problem.

I have a page in the portal with 5 iviews. This is a lot information but some details, graphic and so on are still neccessary to display but only on demand. So the requirement is to display these additional details (new iview) in a popup from this page.

Data that I need to interact between the differents iviews is stored in a bean (scope session) to be accessible through all iviews.

What I want is a link which opens another iview in a popup window and if possible the popup iview can link to another one in the popup.

I am on EP 6.0 SP9 and the iviews (jsp dynpages) are developed with the NWDS.

Any help would be helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.

To go in detail, is it possible to include the EPCM navigation into the development process? That means, how do I know what the target id of another iview is when I am still in the development phase (e.g. the iview is part of my project).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andreas,

Definitly you can do include EPCM into the project.

To get the targetid of the iView you have to use IUrlgeneratorService to get the iView path programatically, or else get it from the PCD and hard code it.

I would suggest to use teh IUrlGeneratorService and pass the component name as in the portalapp.xml which will generate the url for that component. You can use it in your javascript or EPCM code to navigate.

hope it helps.

cheers

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Well, if you are still in development and you have not finalize the package structure of your portal, then dont hardcode the URL in jsp.

But give this URL in the protalapp.xml and read this property in the JSPDynPage code save it in the bean and call in your jsp.

As you will give this property in portalapp.xml so this property will be available in the iView properties in property editor and you can copy paste the iView URL which you want to be available as pop up, from the PCD to this iView propperty.

Or call URL Generator service.

Hope this will help.

Ps: If helpful award points

--Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again. Such a fast solution search makes me happy !!!

So I use already the component url for reloading after fire an EPCM event:

String targetURL = componentRequest.createComponentURL(componentRequest.getNode(), null);

I will give that a try but I am sure this is what I am searching for!

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried out that solution:

<A HREF="myLink" onclick="return EPCM.doNavigate('<%=targetURL%>')">Link to open in pop up</A>

but this opens only a new portal window with the start page and not redirecting to the given component.

I tried different solutions: with the targetURL (the url from the iveiw itself) and with 'Project.ComponentName' but both doesnot work.

Can someone help me out with coding examples?

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You can open the iView in pop up, use EPCM with href in your jsp

<A HREF="myLink" onclick="return EPCM.doNavigate('<b>target</b>')">Link to open in pop up</A>

The String parameter target represents the location of an iView or a page in the role. The value is available from the portal content catalog.

And the data will be available by the bean, as it will be valid for whole application.

Hope this will help.

PS: If helpful award points

--Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Yes. U can do this if u have the bean in application scope. This bean will then be visible in all iViews (main or popup). So ur data passing will be done easily.

Have one JspDynpage component for each popup so that u can call the popup using

window.open('Projectname.Componentname');

Create bean class with ur first JSPDynPage creation.

Later on ,select the option for bean as 'Use Existing Bean' and select the bean which u have created in the first creation.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Harini S