cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check against WBS Element at PR final release only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have configured PR release startegy based on price & we are making PR wrt WBS element.

While creating PR, when we put WBS Element & price (required field,not to be changed) , the budget is getting checked against WBS Element & if short,system issues error message. My requirement is, the Budget check against WBS element should not happen while creating PR but at a later stage at final relase only. Budget check in PR is also required (I can not bypass it) How to map this scenario ? Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

why dont you mention Person responsible as budget manager in WBSE so that whenever budget exceeds system triger mail to person responsible irrespective of PR creation or relese ....

ultimately you want - info should go to budget manager.

ya mail is available at warning level. if work flow is there you can develope the scenario for your requirement.

Venkatesh

Edited by: venkatesh kulkarni on Nov 24, 2009 2:02 PM

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Another soln is that

if budget exceeds at creation level then PR creator can raise one notification to increase or modify budget to responsible person (ISR budgeting/ ISR budgeting wtih apprv.) IQS21 or IQS1.

check which ever is ok.

Venkatesh.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Person Responsible at level of Budget Manager is good option. Check out as Venkat has suggested.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have a y program which create production order with co10 for a WBS element. The problem is order is not getting created some times due to required budget unavailabity and error message is getting populated "order not saved".

Our requirement is before a BDC is called to create production order we want see whether budget is available for that quantity please let us know if there is any functional module available to check the Budget availability.

Regards,

krishna Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear krishnabh,

Please check std budget report before running BDC.

S_ALR_87013557 : Budget / Actual / variance

S_ALR_87013558 : Budget / commitements/ rem plan / Assigned

S_ALR_87013559 : Budget / Distibuted / Plan / Distributed

Regards

Keshav

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Budget availability control is the functionality of WBS ( i.e. SAP PS ) so, the same can be achieve via user status but the control will be at the level of WBS user status and not at release of PR.

Now it totally depends on your scenario, Say you are having 2 PR per WBS and you wanted to release both at same time in that case, prior release you activate user status which prohibit Availability control and after PR release you change user status of WBS which allows Availability control.

This is indirect solution. What exactly you are looking for that is not possible As Gokul pointed.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gokul & Nitin for the reply & valuable inputs.. The intention of not checking budget at PR creation level is that the PR process should not stop for want of budget. When budget is checked at final approver level (final approver happens to be a budget manager), if the budget is exceeded, he can get the required budget released.

I know it is not a standard SAP provision. But I am required to do it using User exits/BAPI as applicable. If somebody might have done similar process or can thought of any way of doing it, please share your valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The intention of not checking budget at PR creation level is that the PR process should not stop for want of budget.

What i understand from the above statement is that you dont want budget check to happen at PR level. Right? Now if you dont have budget control at the PR stage how can system check for budget when your PR goes to the final approval stage? This, i think is not possible in standard SAP. However you can configure the system in such a way that there should be no budget control at PR creation stage. Once the PR is created you can maintain a user status and block the creation of PO until the PR approved by the final authority. You can maintain the budget control at the PO stage so that the PO value does not exceed the budget.

Try this and revert. Hope this should work.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on why you want to have a budget check only at a later stage i.e. while releasing the PR and not while creation of PR? As far as i know, standard SAP has the provision to check budget when you are carrying out a transaction that is relevant for budget check, based on the budget profile and the tolerance limits that you specify while configuring.

Hopefully you will get an apt answer if you elaborate. Lets wait for others to comment on this.

Best Regards,

Gokul