Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in default values of Backend Adapter

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a custom group called ZTEST_CG in meta model "MOBILE". Then i have created a custom attribute called BPNUMBER which is a single valued attribute and char 10. Then MoBILE meta model is re-genarated.

Now i have used this device attribute for the defalut values of a backend adapter. where i have set the default value for get list parameter to this device attribute and activated the backend adpter (the length and data type of get list parameter field and custom attribute field are same) .Adapter is sucessfully activated.

Then i have created a device and enabled it. Then assigned a static value to this attribute in the administration portal. Then i have triggered delta download for this object, but there is no data in the CDS. From monitoring i am able to know, it is not picking these values while delta download.

Then i have given constant value in the defalut value of the Backend adapter. Then triggered a delta download, then there is a data in the CDS.

So what could be the problem while assigning the device attribute in the defalt value. Why DOE is not picking these values during delta download. Do i need to change any configuration in the DOE or portal.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delta download doesn't corresponds to any specific device. Its done for an data object and not a device. So default value config for a getList is not applicable for device attribute value. Device attribute value can be used for default value configurations with upload scenario(Create/modify/delete) not for download scenario.

Regards,

Dhana

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dhana,

Thanks for the input. Now i have a get list which returns the data based on certain input. This input need to be passed from the DOE and these values cannot be constant. So I need to pass the dyncmic input to get list bapi wrapper.

Is it possible to pass the dyncmic value as default value for get list bapi wrapper. Can i use any other parameter other than device attribiute.

Kindly help me, to achieve this functionality in DOE.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wanting to change the result of getList for each load (based on some variable) seems to be a very offbeat usecase.

What exactly are you attempting to achieve here?

i.e. What is the parameter that is going to decide the result of getList each time?

Ideally, the result of getList should only change when there are new/deleted entries in the backend system.

So I feel that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way you have created your model, and you can probably get an opinion on how to fix it if you could explain your usecase in more detail.

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 1000 users in the backend system. Intial plan is to give the application to only 10 users. Once it is sucessful, we migrate users in a phased manner.

Now we would like to have the data for a specific object say "customers", for those 10 users who are in DOE, but not for all the other users who are not live.

So we have to pass this list of users to the get list, so that we can write a logic in the get list to get the customers for the input users only.

So we would like to give a default value (list of users) in the get list bapi wrapper, so that we get only that data. Can you please help us to achieve this or do we have any other option to achieve it from DOE.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your scenario you cannot use backend adapter's default values functionality.

You should have this logic in getList only.

Regards,

Dhana

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dhana,

In the default values of backend adapter, there is a provision given in DOE to set device attributes, data object communication header and system fields (other than constant values).

What will be the usage of them in the default values and is there any provision to use them for my scenario or handling that in the get list is only the provision as you have mentioned.

Can you please let me know the possibilities.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Device attributes being mapped as BAPI Wrapper default values is in the case of data being uploaded from a device.

i.e. For example, if you map create BAPI Wrapper default values to device attributes, the following happens:

1. If DEVICE1 uploads a new instance, then the attributes of DEVICE1 are passed when calling CREATE

2. If DEVICE2 uploads a new instance, then the attributes of DEVICE2 are passed when calling CREATE

During download (getList and getDetail calls), you cannot do this, because download is not device specific. It is system wide.

Now, my opinion is:

1. Either put the logic in getList

OR

2. Dont put any logic anywhere. Let all the CUSTOMERs flow to DOE. Then create a DM for CUSTOMER data, and make a rule such that only the relevant customers get distributed to the relevant users. Once this is done, you can create 10 devices (for your 10 users). Later, as you keep on adding devices (for new users being added to the system), all the other CUSTOMER data which is relevant to each user will start going to them.

IMHO, #2 is much better, and consistent with the way DOE works.

Answers (0)