cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping crashes only in INterface Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i have an issue with one of my interface mapping. the message mapping crashes when i run the interface mapping. however when i run the message mapping separately it works fine.

any hints?

thanks,

ali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

>>one of my interface mapping. the message mapping crashes when i run the interface mapping. however when i run the message mapping separately it works fine.

Are you testing both for the same data?? and interface mapping crashes?? Check these

!1. How many message mapping is there in your Interface mapping? If more than one then try to test one by one separately...

2. Are you using any Lookups or parameterized values in interface mapping? If yes are you providing them correctly??

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is only one mapping, and yes am using same data as input. the error is that a null value is been passed in the stanndard function substring. the input of the fucntion is from a udf which get the file name. i used a try catch even, it is not working.

thanks.

Ali

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>the input of the fucntion is from a udf which get the file name.

Are you using dynamic Configuration?? Then dynamic Configuration with Filename works in end to end testing and not in standalone.. Try to test the interface end to end rather than through Interface mapping

Also select use adapter specific identifiers in File sender adapter and select filename

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Suraj,

i dont think it is the problem, since i use a try catch in the udf(the one with dynamic configuration). annyhow it works in message mapping.

anyway i will try the end to end testing.

thanks,

Ali

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

If you are using try catch then in case of catch condition if you pass null to substring it will fail.. Either you call the substring inside your udf (so that you can make sure that the filename is available then only substring is called) else handle the null condition in message mapping before calling substring...

Also you can try looking into the display queue entry for substring in Message Mapping for further analysis. Here also you will not get any filename by dynamic configuration, but i am not sure why it was not failing there.. May be display queue will help you.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

i tried an end to end test and it works...thanks folks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u testing huge volume of data