cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate check on Customer Master Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please advice on how to keep a check on duplicate customer master record creation.

Is there any standard setting in ECC 6.0 to activate a check where in the system does not allow the duplicate creation of the customer master record.

Please help...

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi SD ASM,

SAP does have a duplicate check functionality. Just activate the BADI ADDRESS_SEARCH, that will take care of duplicate checks

You can write your own Z implementation for thisBADI or use the standard implementation SIC_ADDRESS_SEARCH.

Hope this helps you .

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishu

1. How do we find BADIs or user exits for a given t code?

2. How do we use them for a given t code, let us XK01?

Thanks.

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

BADI's are actually grouped by applications not by the transaction codes. Now, each application has its own way of making its BADI s visible.., in case of the XK01 transaction/application, I beliece you should be able to find the relevant BADIs under the IMG customizing in transaction SPRO, for the relevant application.

Sorry, i don't have a more detailed answer since i don't have access to an SAP system, else i'd have mentioned the exact path as well. Most experienced programmers/users directly go to transaction SE18 and can locate the BADI by displaying all BADI's and identifying the relevant one by reading the descripton! Its not the best way to do so, but is certainly very effective !

Cheers,

Rishu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

System will give normally a warning message when duplicate customer master is created. However, if you want to give an error message, Go to SM30, Type Table V_T100C, select Display or Maintain, set App area F2. Here you can change current settings

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member

Hi,

A standard check that you can just activate is not available. For this a user exit has been created in which you can implement your own criteria for checking whether a customer has already been created in the past with similar data. This check will then warn you about this. I will have a look in our system an let you know the name of the user-exit.

For duplicate control please follow this path in customizing:

Sap Netweaver - Application Server - Basis Services - Address Management - Duplicate Check.

This will require implementation of a BADI and own or third party programming.

Greetings,

Sjaak van den Berg

Magnus Technology Consultants.

Edited by: S. van den Berg on Nov 24, 2009 7:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

its quite simple go to SPRO you need to add these 2 message control points for duplicate customer creation.

add these 2 message control for customer master data

goto financial accounting - accounts receivable and accounts payable - customer accounts-master data - preparation for creating vendor master data - change message control for vendor master data

add message no 145 i i for both online and batch

add message no 273 i i for both online and batch

the moment if any customer will be created with the same name address details the system will show the pop up on the screen

of xd02

this should resolve your issue

kind regards

Arman

SAP FICO

former_member1052317
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you using the customer master or Business partner functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No there is no standard cheking function, with help of abaper you can create checking criteria .

kapil