cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating an IDOC for each Order present in the file (File to IDOC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement where in i have to generate an idoc for each orders present in a file . Initially i had implemented 1:N mapping by changing the occurence of idoc to 1..unbounded & using it as external definition i was able to generate multiple idocs.

But now the requirement is that even if one record contains invalid data , then XI shoul process remaining records(which has valid data) & then raise an alert for the invalid record . I have implemented this approach by using BPM (splitting the message) & the sending out each record as a single message to (1:1 mapping between file & IDOC).

But now they dont want me to use an BPM . They want me to come up with an approach using 1:N mapping only where in i can make sure that the mappig doesnt fail even if there is one invalid record ,they want me to process remaining records & raise an alert for the invalid one .

As far as i know this cant be done without BPM . Please let me know any valuable suggestions or inputs if there is any

Regards

Vinay P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Had a similar requirement few days back..

What we did was to do a multimapping of 1:N where N = N1 and N2, N1 is the Idocs which you are doing today, N2 is the set of invalid records...

Now we have written this as a file and then created another interface which will pick the file and based on the name of file we decided the To address. We have used mail package and this interface (file to mail ) was made as a generic one so that it can be used across many interfaces...

filename and To address relationship was maintained as a value mapping in ID... You can have a thought of this approach and try to send the invalid records as a mail rather than alert.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the information . But wanted to know how will i split these N1 & N2 records later so that i can send these records to IDOC/File channel separately

Regards

Vinay P.