cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component VEcmSelectionComp: Has invalid component usage 'ExcelExportComp'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this build error ,Component VEcmSelectionComp: Has invalid component usage 'ExcelExportComp'. I am using ExcelExportComp as used component in VEcmSelectionComp.

Build error log as follows:

[wdgen] [Error] .Excel: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

[wdgen] [Error] .Excel.IconURL: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

[wdgen] [Error] com.sap.xss.hr.ecm.selection.VEcmSelectionComp --> ContextValueAttribute IconURL [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Error] .Excel.ResourceURL: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

[wdgen] [Error] com.sap.xss.hr.ecm.selection.VEcmSelectionComp --> ContextValueAttribute ResourceURL [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Error] com.sap.xss.hr.ecm.selection.VEcmSelectionComp --> Component VEcmSelectionComp [ExcelExportComp]: Component usage has no used component

• I checked the mapping of IconURL and ResourceURL from ExcelExportComp to VECMSelectionComp and they look ok.

Please give some input to resolve this.

Thanks

Krishn

Edited by: krishn on Nov 24, 2009 5:44 AM

Edited by: krishna reddy on Nov 24, 2009 5:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If both your DCs are present locally and not on NWDI track then

1. Remove the other component (ExcelExportComp) from the used DCs of your component.

2. Rebuild and deploy the other component

3. Try adding the other development component in your used DCs (i mean its public parts)

4. Add the other component in your used component (under your DC)

5. Try establishing the context mapping as required.

This exception is probably because some changes where made in the other component and may be some context elements (node/attributes) were deleted but you were still trying to use it in your DC through used DC.

If both your DCs are on the track then first sync the other DC, build and deploy and then follow the mentioned steps above instead of simply building and deploying the other DC.

Hope your problem will be resolved.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha