Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC execution error in PI

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have a scenario in which i need to call an asynchronous RFC in ECC. This RFC will do the update of some tables in ECC Database

I have configured Receiver RFC communication channel for this and have selected the "Commit" option. now my question is , if there is an error in execution of RFC (for e.g ,RFC is unable to update the tables due to some error), will this trigger an error in RWB of XI as well ?

Please note that this is an asyn. RFC hence no explicit response is sent from RFC back to XI.

I know RWB will show me error if there are connection issues between XI and ECC but not sure if i will also get the error if RFC is unable to execute completely.

Thanks

Saif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Everybody

Actually if we select "Commit handling of single BAPI Call" in the receiver RFC communication channel, it will treat all calls as synchronous RFC. so if we send a message from PI (asynchronous or synchronous) and select the "Commit" parameter, we will get an acknowledgment back to PI which tells whether the BAPI was executed completely or not. if there is any error in the execution of BAPI, then error will be shown in RWB itself.

So in a nutshell we will get error in RWB itself if BAPI is not executed completely. we can then trigger e-mails for this by configuring ALRTCATDEF

Please look at SAP Note 730870 for more information\

Thanks

Saif

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if there is an error in execution of RFC (for e.g ,RFC is unable to update the tables due to some error), will this trigger an 
error in RWB of XI as well ?

Any error (in any of the receiving systems) cannot be captured in XI/ PI (at least application errors)

The job of XI/ PI will be done when the request is successfully received by the end-system.....Asynchronous = Fire & Forget.

The error handling needs to be done in the SAP system....what you can do is configure your id to receive alert-email....may be it should serve the same purpose

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

Please your RFCs (SM59 Transaction) working fine between your ECC & PI systems.

Regards

Sekhar

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

I guess you will not get a response back to XI saying whether the RFC was executed successfully or not.. Try to handle it in RFC itself and raise alert if it fails...

Also check this thread

Regards

Suraj