cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Lookup with username and password

0 Kudos

I am doing a lookup using a Java UDF from PI message mapping using a SOAP receiver channel by passing a username and password to get a value from a webservice. This is passed to a field in the target side. Everything works fine.

But I want to avoid hardcoding the username and password sent in the XML for the lookup in the UDF. Anyone has any suggestions?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can solve your concern...

[XI/PI: Secure Storage Service with User Defined Funtions|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6514] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

~SaNv...

0 Kudos

Actually, the XML I need to pass to the SOAP Receiver (Lookup) channel has the username and password.

Avoiding that is the idea.

I read Michal's blog above. Anyone has used it before? Should I use the UDF to set the password first in the Secure Storage and then delete the code that sets it and keep only the code to retrieve it?

Please comment.

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it be possible to setup user/pwd (or any authentication settings) at SOAP adapter level, so you don't have to handle them in your design objects ?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Param,

Are you passing the userid and password in url of SOAP Lookup? You can try using value mapping to get the password for a given username..

Else maintain it in SOAP channels and for each user id try selecting a different SOAP channel.. HEre also you can use value mapping for userid = soapchannel relationship.

Regards

Suraj