cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order with future date is allocating inventory that is available today

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Currently all the orders with future date or the orders that are having Delivery block are also consuming the stock available today. Suppose an order is having a delivery date og 2months down the line, still is allocation stock to itself.

But we dont want that to happen. We dont want that orders created after this order but having delivery date before it getting delayed due to this future order. Currently it is happening so.

Kindly what needs to be done to avoid it.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

first, please look at the sales order and look at the schedule lines for the confirmed quantities and dates. if, despite the delivery block the quantities and dates are confirmed, do the next.

go to IMG > Logisitics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries (Define Reasons for Blocking in Shipping).

check if your delivery block has been assigned to your delivery type. if not, you can still put this in the sales order but it will not be effective at header level. you can still deliver the order as such.

as for the date of delivery, the system will allow delivery creation on the earliest date confirmed at schedule line level.

regards.

Edited by: jy on Nov 24, 2009 11:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my query is completely different. I will explain with example : There is material - xxx and we have 50 qty of same in stock as on 25/11/09. Now i create an order of this material - xxx for 15qty which is confirmed on 25/11/2009. Another order is created for this material - xxx for 20qty with the requested delivery date of 05/01/2010, schedule is confirmed for 05/01/2010. Now we create another order of this material-xxx for 25qty and we find that only 15qty is confirmed for 25/11/2009 i;e 20qty is being allocated to order with delivery date of 05/01/2010.

But we don't want this. We want that future order should not block the material qty and because of it the current order should not be delayed. How is this possible.

Please help...

Thanks,