cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headings in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

I have to create a web report where in I have to create seperate headings other than the normal headings which I get from BEx.

To be more precise, for ex: if I am getting KF1, KF2, KF3, KF4, KF5, KF6 from BEx I have to create a heading for ex: Section 1 for the KFs 1,2,3 and Section 2 for KFs 4,5 and 6.

Can I do this? Can some one help me in this please...

Rgds,

Yadav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I can suggest you one way of achieving this, but the changes has to be carried out at the Bex level.

Goto the change of the query definition and in the columns section.

Create two New selection and rename it as Section 1 and Section 2 respt.

Under the individual Sections you can select and drag whichever key figure you want as per your requirement.

The format you get will be same as you required.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds like you want to do some kind of conditional formatting. Basically you have to options:

- You can use JavaScript to search for specific objects in the generated HTML-Source. Then you can do custom formattings on your heading by manipulating the HTML-source or the CSS.

- You can use the Web Design API. Then you can use ABAP to produce the HTML code you like.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Leo

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Welcome to SDN,

if you are talking about merged cells for the headings , the easier way to do it is to use static cells in HTML rather than doing something on WAD.

other options to use:

1. You can change the <TD> tags using the table modifier but this is slightly cumbersome.

2. Have a characteristic on the cube and use the same in the report... not recommended....

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partho/Arun,

My report should like below:

-Section 1-|-Section 2-

KF1|KF2|KF3|KF4|KF5|KF6

Here KF1,KF2... are the actual headings from the KF description. But I want to create another 2 headings Section 1 & 2 just to show the user that KFs 1 to 3 will come under Section 1 and KFs 4 to 6 will come under Section 2.

Hope this makes my requirement clear...

Rgds,

Vikky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can take a flat file with section and KF as 2 columns and under those fill the values with section1,section2...sectionn under section and KF1,KF2...KFn under KF and run the query by adding these into ur query designer as per ur covinience...you will get the correct format.

try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Welcome to SDN.

I am not able to get your problem.Can you elaborate your problem more.

Like how xactly the format will look like?

In which way you want the Section 1 and Section 2 in columns?

Regards,

Parth.