cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Iviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks,

Can anybody tell me what i Exactly need to develop Java Iviews using Eclipse. I would Like to develop Iviews for SAP Enterprise Portal 6 SP2 Patch 3.

Is there any good tutorial.

I'm a little confused about all the Information I found around that theme here...

My aim is it to write an Iview which gets user and Password and IP from User Mapping and makes the Authentification to an backend System using Basic Authentification.

Greetz Francesco

Any Help or tips are appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francesco,

get the <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloads.sdn">Portal Development Kit</a>, install it and deploy your Development in Eclipse. Then you can open the Portal in your Web Browser go to the Java Development tab and search for your deployed Application.

Do you have Eclipse or the Netweaver Developer Studio?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

the pdk is uploaded into the portal and the plugin is embedded into eclipse. Am I right ?

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

right. The Eclipse Plugins can be "downloaded" from the Java Developer role (you have to assign the role to your user). Anyhow, the KM plugin is not complete if you "download" it, so you also can get all plugins after importing the PDK into the portal from:

usr/sap/<SID>/j2ee/j2ee_<##>/cluster/server/services/servlet_jsp/work/jspTemp/irj/root/portalapps/com.sap.portal.pdkutil.developmenttools/eclipse

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider awarding points for helping answers (via the yellow star at the corresponding postings)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I've managed it to upload the PDK to the Portal. And installed the plugin into eclipse. Are their other examples with good tutorials from SAP developing iviews.

I've installed eclipse on an other machine then the Portal. My question can I debug my apllication through eclipse with a running Portal ? How can I say eclipse to connect to the Portal server for debugging.

Or is it better to have a separate portal Installation on the same machine like eclipse to develop iviews ? What do you think ?

Sorry all the question, but I'm a complete noob on this theme.

Greetz and Thanks for all answers

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

1.) <i>YES</i>, you <i>can</i> award points for helpful answers. Yeah, this is really possible. Just use the yellow star. Do not hesitate. It won't hurt. Really. Believe me

2.) "Are their other examples with good tutorials from SAP developing iviews" https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/intro... to custom java iviews with the sap portal development kit.abst and https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/devel... java iviews.abst or https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/intro... to custom java iviews with the sap portal development kit.pdf for example

3.) "can I debug my apllication through eclipse with a running Portal ? How can I say eclipse to connect to the Portal server for debugging." In the last link given above, see chapter "Debugging with Eclipse". There is also such a chapter within PDK doc: Java Development - Documentation - Getting Started - Creating a Portal Component - Debugging with Eclipse.

4.) "Or is it better to have a separate portal Installation on the same machine like eclipse to develop iviews ? What do you think ?" I personally like to have my own dev portal at hand. Most scenarios I know for portal development work so that there are dev portals at each developers hand, one QA System (maybe one centralized dev system in before) and the productive system. This has some disadvantages (to get all dev implementations at one state etc) but developing on one machine with many people in my eyes has more disadvantages (to be clear: is almost impossible).

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: This was a long posting... Still remember answere nr. 1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where I can get the librarys for htmlb ??? I used the Link Java Development Area under Downloads but it returned me a com.sap.portal.pdk.documentation file and not a a library.zip as described ? I'm doin something wrong ? what must I do with this com.sap.portal.pdk.documentation ? Is there an alternative Download mirror for the library.zip ???

Thanks

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

just rename the "com.sap.portal.pdk.documentation..." to "library.zip". This will do it.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the fast help

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

you're welcome. Seems to be a bit hard to get used to the way to say thanx on SDN (... the yellow star thing ...)

Best regards

Detlev

Answers (0)