cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM - Problem with Mass Role Import on GRC 5.3 SP9

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We have just upgraded to SP9 on GRC 5.3. I am trying to reimport all my roles in ERM since the format has changed and we need most of this new information.

When I run /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES this program now outputs 3 files. Can someone tell me what format the 3 files shoudl be in? Should it be EXCEL or TXT? Should they have Header records or not? Should they be ANSI or UNICODE?

I am having no luck importing the files and I have tried just about every combination. I get the following error every time:

"Enter a valid Enterprise Role Management Information File format"

Thanks so much for your input.

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The information is actually in the updated configuration guide:

- mass download is a text file

- role information is Excel

- org level is Excel

All files can stay as they are. The org level export makes uploading derived roles easier.

However, as you discovered, there seems to be an issue with the import. Here's a workaround: at the right side of the sheet, add an extra column with 1 character in every line, and also add another row at the end. Save, and the roles will upload just fine.

Frank.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for that workaround. I thought I was going to go nuts trying to get these roles updated. How did you know to add a column on the right and put in a character? I would never have guessed that one. I thought the manual was updated incorrectly or maybe the "unicode" format was biting me again. SDN is always my last stop before putting in an OSS message but I have to admin....I was shocked by the solution.

Thanks so much.

Peggy

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

I worked this out with support for another customer. It just seems to be an issue with the import routine, I suppose it should be on the list for one of the next support packs.

Glad to help,

Frank.