cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration in IPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We use ISA R/3 without CRM and we have an IPC. At the moment we use configurable products in R/3 and the IPC makes sure that the configurable items can be filled in the webshop.

I was told that in R/3 it is possible to do material variant configuration. This means that when I put a product in an R/3 order, then automatically another product is proposed and, if I accept, is put in the next order line.

My question is: if I customize this variant configuration in R/3, will the IPC

automatically accept this and will the webshop behave just like R/3? Or do I have to do extra configuration in the IPC Configurator? Or do I need a Java expert to build the functionality in an IPC userexit?

An example of what I want could be: order a mobile phone in the webshop -> the webshop should ask me if I want a car kit -> I say "yes" and the car kit is added to my web shop basket.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

Bertil Goeree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My question is: if I customize this variant configuration in R/3, will the IPC

automatically accept this and will the webshop behave just like R/3? Or do I have to do extra configuration in the IPC Configurator? Or do I need a Java expert to build the functionality in an IPC userexit

Ans:Yes,you need to build user exits with the help of a java guys..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tiest,

And when I have uploaded the knowlegde bases into the IPC, will the webshop automatically read them and offer me the desired functionality or do I still need to write java scripts to build the desired functionality (like Natarajan says)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertil, in order to have your variant configuration functionality available in IPC you need to feed the IPC with Knowledge Bases. These object contain the necessary information to enable variant configuration. Let me know if you need more details. Tiest.