cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include New Key Figure in an active planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to include a new key figure in an active planning area we used the functionality called change key figure settings, inside the planning area, then, we recreate the time series and run the consistency check in order to see if there was any inconsistency. This procedure was done instead of changing the planning area in DEV environment and re-transporting it, although we did that in each of the environments (DEV, QA and PROD).

Could you please help me in order to advise if there is any problem in using this functionality directly in each environment stead of transporting all planning area again? Any techinical restrictions?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello rodrigo,

In addition to what Harsh responded I would like to add a practical aspect to it. Such addition of key figures without deactivating the planning area will not facilitate transport of planning area. In other words you cannot transport the planning area if you add key figures with out activating the planning area. I forgot the SAP note number but you can check in the service market place

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

What you did was OK but it does not qualify to the SAP Best Practice. SAP suggestes that any Config Changes should be first done in Dev tested then transported to QAS and tested there thoroughly before putting it to Production environment.

Sometimes such kind of Heroics can ruin the Production system and in case there is no backup would mean disaster for the client.

Try to avoid these knd of things and stick to what SAP recommends

Thanks,

Harsh