cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem consuming Web Service from ECC 6.0 using dual certificates

bolarsson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to consume a secure web service on ECC 6.0 - so far without much luck.

When I try to connect to the ws server, it seems there are three certificates in action: a CICS certificate for establishing the SSL connection, a 'root' certificate from the PKI certificate issuer, and a private certificate issued by the above issuer (please forgive me if a have the syntax wrong - certificates are not my primary line of work). So, using Trust Manager (STRUST), I have created a PSE named 'OES' and imported all three certificates into it.

In SOAMANAGER I have set up the end-point using the WSDL-file and set the following parameters:

- Authentication Method = X.509 Client Certificate

- Trustworthiness Method = Holder of Key

- Issuer = <issuer from the root certificate>

- Name of Attester = <blank>

- Validity of SAML Assertion = 180

- Caching of SAML Assertions = False

- Attester System Destination = <blank>

- Name of Attester = <blank>

- User = SRxxxWS

- Password = <blank>

- Client PSE = OES

When I try to consume the web service, I can see in the log files that the CICS certificat is used for establishing the SSL connection but all I receive back is an HTTP 403 "Client Authentication Error". If I remove the CICS certificate from the PSE, the connection is not made.

How do I make the client certificate available for the connection? Have I approached the problem from the wrong side? Has anybody experienced something similar? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not Certificate expert either but you can get plenty of help from "Security" forum on SDN. I can help you bit with some related SAP notes and forum answers:

See following notes :

1324884 - Analysis of ABAP Web Service SOA Configuration

1318906 - Trace analysis of SSL problems

1319507 - Overview: Analysis of ABAP Web Service Configuration

See this forum discussed about consuming secured ws in webdynbpro:

Articles:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/92914af6-0d01-0010-3081-ded3a41be8f2&override... -

Web Services Security Configuration Guide (discussed IBM and NW WS security but you can find some examples and hints there)

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (0)