cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Timelimit is exceeded Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how can I kill a process in the portal ?

When I start the debugging process within Visual Studio 2003 , I do get the following error , when the processing needs too much time displaying the page1.sappage which contains two iviews.

"Das Zeitlimit für das iView ist überschritten. Es gibt keinen zwischengespeicherten Content, der angezeigt werden kann. Wählen Sie 'Neu laden', um den aktualisierten Content abzurufen. Sie müssen u. U. warten, bis der Cache den Content aus der Quelle abruft. Neu laden"

Translation is s.th. like this:

"The Timelimit for the iView has exceeded. There is no cached content, to be displayed. Select "Refresh" to get the refreshed content......"

Thanks

Erhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erhan,

You can increase the time limit for your iview. In your portal environment, select properties for the iview and for property "cache validity period" increase the time limit.

hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your post. I have increased the value for all my iViews.

But how do I kill the process?

Each time I start my project, I do get the mentioned error.

Deleting the .sappage and creating a new one which contains both of my iviews, does not have an effect to the error message.

Thanks

Erhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erhan,

One way to kill a process is thru the Visual Admin tool. If you have access to VA, you can delete your portal process from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there no way to accomplish this within the portal?

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erhan,

I am not sure that I understand.

Which process do you try to kill ?

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i use iViews which do make querys on a database. when this querys do need to much time to return a value, then i got the following error message in the portal

"The time limit for the iview has been exceeded. There is no cached content, which can be displayed. Choose "Refresh" to get the refreshed Content. Maybe you have to wait until the cache calls the content from its source. <u>Refresh</u>"

The iview-Threads are running since yesterday, how do I stop them.

Each time I do login in to the portal, with the Credentials of my "iView-User" I do get the described error message.

Any help is welcome.

Regards

Erhan

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erhan,

1. You have mentioned in the original post that you tried to debug with Visual Studio. Verify in Windows Task Manager that there is no running process named ep.exe.

2. Stop Portal Runtime for .NET through SAP MMC Snap-in

3. Clean cache through Internet Explorer

4. Start Portal Runtime for .NET through SAP MMC Snap-in

5. Login to the Portal and check what you get

Hope it will solve the issue.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

thanks for your answer, but that is not the thing I am looking for.

The problem is, that there are several threads (to find under System Administration/Monitoring/Portal/Thread Overwiev. I want to kill some of the Threads listed there.

For example : There is a thread named "PRT-Async 0". The The elapsed time for the thread is 2414481!

How do I kill this Thread?

Thanks

Erhan

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erhan,

As it seems to be NetWeaver administration related issue,

I suggest you to post your question in SAP NetWeaver Administrator forum.

Regards,

Rima.