Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Contracts question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We want to use Value Contracts in our organization. I was testing

release orders created with reference to the value contract.

If I create sales order 1 with reference to the value contract, the

system updates the 'value released' of the value contract with the sales

order 1 value. However, at times, we have a requirement to create sales

order 2 with reference to sales order 1. In this case, the 'value

released' amount in the value contract should be increased by the sales

order 2 amount.

Also in certain cases (like consignments), the subsequent sales order

values might be a credit. In this case, the 'value released' in the

value contract should also be credited accordingly.

Currently, in both cases, when subsequent sales orders are created, the

'value released' in the value contract is unchanged.

Can someone please tell me if a value contract can be made to look at

all subsequent orders to update its 'value released'? If yes, could you

please tell me how?

Thanks,

Rugmani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to update the value contract since there is no link between the value contract and the second sales order created with reference to a release order. To my knowledge, this can be achieved by developing a Zreport to list the sales orders that were created with reference to release order (along with the reference value contract) and then update the value contract. But, this process doesn't establish a perfect relation between the value contract and the sales order. Any further changes to the sales order will not be reflected in the value contract.

I donot understand the reason for creating a sales order referring this release order when the contract needs to be updated. Please explain the business process that demands this requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Such a requirement arises in case of Consignments. We are using consignment orders (fillup, pickup, issue, return) for the customer. Hence, we create a consignment fillup order when we are sending out a material. If the customer returns the old material within a specified time, he should not be charged for it. Else, he would be charged and in this case, a consignment issue needs to be created. If, in special cases, we decide to accept the old material (beyond the warranty return period), a Consignment return will be created to credit the customer.

When the value contract comes in play, we need to deduct the value remaining for the customer when we create a pickup, increase the value remaining when the customer returns the material etc. The problem occurs when the amount needs to be put back. As the consignment orders need to be created with reference to one another, there is no link to the value contract and hence the value remaining does not get updated correctly.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this requirement.

Thanks,

Rugmani